Abule Ado blast: 17 bodies recovered from Lagos explosion site

Abule Ado blast: 17 bodies recovered from Lagos explosion site

- Two more bodies have been recovered from the scene of the Abule-Ado explosion in Amuwo Odofin local government area of Lagos state

- Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, the director-general Lagos state emergency management Agency confirms that recovery of 17 bodies have been so far recovered from the explosion site

- Osanyintolu notes that 25 people were being treated for injuries sustained in the Abule Ado incident

Two more bodies have been recovered from the scene of the Abule-Ado explosion in Amuwo Odofin local government area of Lagos state.

The Nation reports that the bodies were recovered by emergency management officials. This latest recovery puts the official figure of the death toll from the explosion at 17.

Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, the director-general Lagos state emergency management Agency (LASEMA) who also confirmed the recovery of 17 bodies, disclosed that 25 people were being treated for injuries sustained in the Abule Ado pipeline explosion.

BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu sets up N2bn relief fund for Abule Ado pipeline explosion victims (video)

Osanyintolu told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in an interview that the recovery and rescue operation was carried out by the ministry of special duties, LASEMA, Lagos State Fire Service crew, Federal Fire Service Department, Safety Commission, Lagos State Building Control Agency, LASBCA, and other first responders.

Meanwhile, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos state has expressed surprise at the level of destruction caused by the Abule Ado explosion in the Amuwo Odofin area of Lagos. The governor on Monday, March 16, during an assessment of the scene of the explosion said he had never seen anything like the Abule Ado explosion before, Channels TV reports.

He stated that the scene of the explosion looked like a war zone.

The governor who was at the scene along with his deputy, Obafemi Hamzat, said the magnitude of the explosion was huge.

He also inspected the Bethlehem Girls College in Abule Ado, which was completely destroyed by the explosion.

Governor Sanwo-Olu says Abule-Ado explosion looks like a war zone

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

The governor also said his government is working with the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and other relevant agencies to ameliorate the plight of the victims.

Governor Sanwo-Olu added that he has instructed the Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency to give out personal safety materials to the people living around the affected area.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!

Abule Ado fire: Lives lost, houses destroyed in Lagos explosion | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Tags:
Online view pixel