- Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos state expresses surprise over the level of destruction caused by the Abule-Ado explosion in Amuwo Odofin area of Lagos
- The governor during an assessment of the scene of the explosion says he has never seen anything like the Abule-Ado explosion before
- Sanwo-Olu notes that the magnitude of the explosion that occurred in Abule-Ado was huge
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos state has expressed surprise at the level of destruction caused by the Abule Ado explosion in the Amuwo Odofin area of Lagos.
The governor on Monday, March 16, during an assessment of the scene of the explosion said he had never seen anything like the Abule Ado explosion before, Channels TV reports.
He stated that the scene of the explosion looked like a war zone.
The governor who was at the scene along with his deputy, Obafemi Hamzat, said the magnitude of the explosion was huge.
“I must confess I have seen anything of this magnitude before, it’s like a war zone,” Sanwo-Olu said during the inspection."
He also inspected the Bethlehem Girls College in Abule Ado, which was completely destroyed by the explosion.
The governor also said his government is working with the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and other relevant agencies to ameliorate the plight of the victims.
Governor Sanwo-Olu added that he has instructed the Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency to give out personal safety materials to the people living around the affected area.
In a related report, a chieftain of the APC, Bola Tinubu, has called on the authorities to punish all those who had a hand in the Abule Ado explosion in Lagos.
Tinubu in a statement on Sunday night, March 15, through his media office, made the call when condemning the explosion which has reportedly claimed about 15 lives so far, This Day reports.
The APC leader, who commiserated with families and relations of those who lost their lives, said the tragedy should not have happened.
He stated that the authorities must get to the root of the incident in order to ensure that a similar occurrence does not happen again.
Tinubu insisted that no matter how highly placed they may be, everyone responsible for the tragedy should face the law.
Pipeline vandals are not responsible for the explosions which occurred in Lagos on Sunday, March 15, the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has said.
NEMA clarified that the explosion which occurred at Abule Ado, Trade Fair axis of Lagos state was not caused by a disruption of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) oil pipeline.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the explosion was caused instead by activities at a factory in the area
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
Abule Ado fire: Lives lost, houses destroyed in Lagos explosion | Legit TV