- Comrade Adams Oshiomhole is still a force to reckon with in the ruling All Progressives Congress
- Members of the party's National Executive Committee from the south-south zone have declared support for the embattled APC national chairman
- A resolution by the members affirmed their support for Oshiomhole and rejected Victor Giadom as his replacement
Members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) National Executive Committee (NEC) from the south-south zone have declared support for the embattled party national chairman, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole.
This was contained in a resolution by the group after they met in Abuja on Sunday, March 15.
The deputy Senate president and leader of the APC in the south-south, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege was part of the meeting.
The following resolutions were reached at the meeting:
1. That the national chairman of our great party, APC, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole has done very well in the administration of the affairs of our great party.
2. That we cannot allow ourselves to be used as agents of destabilization of our party we have laboured so hard to build.
3. That under the leadership of Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, we won the just concluded presidential elections, won majority of the seats in the National Assembly, and also won governorship elections in most states of the federation.
4. That in line with the resolutions reached by the National Working Committee (NWC) of our party, we dissociate ourselves from the purported NEC meeting being summoned by Hon. Victor Giadom as he does not have the constitutional powers to summon NEC meeting.
5. That the said Hon. Victor Giadom is not a member of NWC having resigned his position as deputy national secretary of the party to contest elections in Rivers state as deputy governorship candidate in the 2019 general elections.
6. That we implore all members of NEC to respect the decisions of the NWC of our party that the purported NEC meeting summoned by Mr. Victor Giadom is illegal and unconstitutional.
7. That we unanimously pass a vote of confidence on our leader, His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari for his sterling leadership of the affairs of our dear country and the national chairman of our party, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole.
Those who signed the resolution includes the national vice-chairman south of the party; Hilliard Eta, deputy national legal adviser; Barr. E.I Adoh-Ogbuta, zonal women leader; Mrs Racheal Akpabio, deputy national publicity secretary, Yekini Nabena and zonal youth leader; Gabriel Iduesiri.
Nabena had earlier faulted the endorsement of Giadom by some south-south APC chieftains as the party's replacement for Oshiomhole while speaking to journalists in Abuja on Saturday, March 14.
Nabena who is from Bayelsa state and a major stakeholder in the party had said he is not in agreement with the decision.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We keep evolving to serve our readers better.
I sold my house to run for governorship election | Legit TV