Sanusi finally reveals why he won't challenge his dethronement (video)

Sanusi finally reveals why he won't challenge his dethronement (video)

- The deposed emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, has declared that he would not challenge his dethronement in court.

- Sanusi was dethroned on Monday, March 9, by Governor Ganduje-led administration

- The former CBN governor, however, said that he accepted his fate and moved up in his future careers

Muhammadu Sanusi II, the 14th Emir of Kano, has revealed why he would not challenge his dethronement in court.

Daily Trust reports that Sanusi was removed by the Kano state government after accusing him of insubordination and was immediately banished to Nasarawa state.

Legit.ng gathered that the newspaper noted that in an amateur video shared by Ibrahim Adam, the personal assistant to Abba Yusuff, the Kano governorship candidate of the PDP in the 2019 election, Sanusi said he would not go to court to challenge his dethronement because he had moved on.

He said: “I have done what I could in six years, I’m moving on. I don’t want to go back. The truth is, if I had wanted to go back, the dethronement letter was so badly written, it was not done professionally. The easiest thing is just to go to court.

Breaking: Sanusi regains freedom, departs Nasarawa state (photo)

“It’s simple, fair hearing, ‘did you query him? Did you ask him to defend himself? Did you even call him to ask him any question?’ That’s all but I think we should go on to a new phase in life.”

Sanusi, however, said he was not depressed following what happened to him within the week.

“There is no reason to be sad or be depressed. I know it’s difficult but for me, it’s never an issue,” he said.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that Shehu Sani, a former senator who represented Kaduna central, said a traditional monarch from the southwest region pulled support for Sanusi when it was clear he would be dethroned.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

It was reported that the outspoken senator made the revelation in a tweet on his verified account on the micro-blogging platform Twitter on Friday, March 13.

It's a pity Ganduje lacks friends that could have saved him - Soyinka reacts to Sanusi's removal

Sani claimed that when Sanusi fell down the pecking order in Kano state, a Yoruba monarch tried to "mobilise the leaders from the north to save the emir (Sanusi)."

The former lawmaker said the northern elders "backed out on the last minute, out of fear" they might become a target of authority's anger.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better

Lamido Sanusi: Kano residents divided over dethronement, installation of new Emir| - on Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel