Coronavirus: Saudi set to suspend international flights over outbreak of disease

Coronavirus: Saudi set to suspend international flights over outbreak of disease

- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is planning to suspend international flights over coronavirus

- The government of KSA had announced that 86 cases of coronavirus had been recorded

- Suspension of international flights would help halt the spread of the disease in the country, according to the report

Following the spread of the deadly coronavirus in almost all the continents of the world, the government of Saudi Arabia on Saturday, March 14, said it would suspend international flights for two weeks in response to the outbreak.

Channels TV reports that the Saudi foreign ministry in a tweet on Saturday, March 14, said the Kingdom decided to suspend international flights for two weeks starting from Sunday, March 15, as part of its efforts to prevent the spread of coronavirus.

Saudi Arabia to suspend international flights over coronavirus

A patient of coronavirus undergoing treatment
Source: Facebook

“The Kingdom’s government decided to suspend international flights for two weeks (Starting from Sunday, March 15th) as part of its efforts to prevent the spread of #CoronaVirus,” the foreign ministry tweeted.

Coronavirus: Edo govt cautions against spreading false information

Legit.ng reports that Saudi Arabia has recorded 86 cases of the virus so far, but no deaths, according to the health ministry.

The Kingdom had already halted flights to some countries and closed schools and universities as part of measures to contain the disease.

Authorities have also suspended the “umrah” year-round pilgrimage to the Muslim holy cities of Mecca and Medina for fear of the virus spreading.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the Saudi Arabian government on Thursday, February 27, suspended visas for pilgrims wishing to visit the holy city of Mecca over coronavirus fears.

It was reported that this was announced by the foreign ministry of the Kingdom in a statement sent to journalists.

“The government is suspending entry to the Kingdom for the purpose of Umrah and visiting the Prophet's Mosque temporarily,” part of the statement had read.

Coronavirus: Experts say Nigeria likely to record more positive cases of disease

Some Gulf states like Iran are already battling with coronavirus with 17 recently declared dead. Iraj Harirchi, Iran’s deputy health minister, was recently infected and has been placed under quarantine.

In another report, a video of the clergyman identified as David Kingleo Elijah of the Glorious Mount of Possibility Church took the decision to travel down to China in a bid to tackle the life-threatening disease.

"I am going prophetically to destroy coronavirus. I am going to China, I want to destroy coronavirus," the man of God was heard saying.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

Elijah noted that where there is a man of God, people would not die.

He then proceeded to request the presence of 12 children to come and kneel in front of the church’s altar. This was followed by the clergyman engaging in minutes of prayers and prophetic declarations.

Nigeria’s Lassa fever more deadly than coronavirus, Ebola - Quartz report claims

He concluded his prayer session by noting that the devil has only attempted to wage war because there is no prophet in China.

Elijah, however, made it clear that he is a prophet in Nigeria willing to take on the battle against the deadly disease.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better

Coronavirus: No Nigerian has been infected - Chinese Ambassador | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel