Coronavirus: Premier League and EFL games suspended until April 3

Coronavirus: Premier League and EFL games suspended until April 3

- Coronavirus has forced Premier League games to be postponed

- The EPL chiefs announced that the League will resume on April 3

- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta and Chelsea's Hudson-Odoi have the virus

Continuous threat and disturbance the outbreak of deadly coronavirus has caused to the world in general has made Premier League chiefs to suspend English topflight games until April 3.

The United Kingdom government are said to have met with the Premier League chiefs for them to see reasons all games should be put on hold until next month for a possible return.

It is not only the Premier League that has even been postponed as all games in the lower divisions and also the women's League will also have to be pursed.

Authorities in charge had to make the urgent decision after Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta and Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi contracted the coronavirus.

Chelsea players and that of Arsenal have all been placed on self isolation so as to avoid the virus been transmitted around.

Foreign based Super Eagles stars set to boycott AFCON qualifier against Sierra Leone due to Coronavirus

"The postponements include all matches in the Championship, League One and League Two, as well as all Academy and youth team fixtures,''. the Premier League board announced.

Liverpool are currently topping the Premier League standings with 82 points after 29 games and they are been tipped to lift the crown at the end of the season.

Jurgen Klopp's men and his wards have been impressive this season losing only one game so far and drawing one as well.

The Citizens who are the reigning champions are currently occupying second position on the table, but they have no chance of retaining their title.

Leicester City who are occupying third position on the table are also battling with coronavirus after manager Rodgers confirmed that three players have shown the symptoms.

The names of the players were not mentioned as the club are still expected to make another announcement in due course.

Coronavirus: Buhari sends crucial message to Italy, Iran, South Korea

Earlier, Legit.ng had reported how Cristiano Ronaldo was cleared not to be a carrier of the deadly coronavirus despite being held in quarantine in his native country of Portugal since early this week.

Miguel Albuquerque who is the president of the Madeira regional government explained this according to Daily Mail which means Cristiano Ronaldo has been tested negative.

This latest development will be a great one for Cristiano Ronaldo and his family and also his lovers in many parts of the world who have been worried about the footballer.

The former Real Madrid star traveled to Portugal on Monday to check his mother who is down with illness and receiving treatments in the hospital.

It was during this period that the news of Ronaldo's teammate Danieli Rugani contracting the disease broke out in which other players were kept in isolation.

Buhari told to declare Miyetti Allah terrorist group

Tiamiyu Kazeem: SARS killed my son with his glory - mother laments | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel