- The second case of coronavirus in Nigeria, a Nigerian who had contact with the index case, has now tested negative
- The minister of health, Ehanire, who disclosed this said the Nigerian will soon be released
- Ehanire added that the Italian index case is also improving and will be monitored closely till next week when he is also expected to be released
The second coronavirus case in Nigeria, a Nigerian who had contact with the Italian index case, has now tested negative and will soon be released, Nigeria's health minister Dr Osagie Ehanire has said.
Channels TV reports that the minister made the disclosure on Friday, March 13, in Abuja.
“The contact of the index case is testing negative for the virus now, meaning he has cleared the virus and will be allowed to go home,” Ehanire said.
The minister added that the Italian's health is also improving, adding that the index case will be under close monitoring till early next week when he is also expected to be released.
Ehanire also said that a group of four teachers from the United States, along with their two students are currently quarantined in Lagos state.
The minister directed all the airlines in the country to follow regulations guarding yellow fever card, noting that cross border transmission of yellow fever must be checked.
Ehanire urged travellers to ensure that they obtain their yellow fever vaccine and card before embarking on their journey, adding that the federal government will not impose a travel ban.
Earlier, Legit.ng reported that the Lagos state government said the two men declared wanted for having contact with Nigeria’s index coronavirus case had been found.
The state's commissioner for health, Prof Akin Abayomi, said the two men were identified within 24 hours after their names were made public.
The commissioner made the disclosure on Wednesday, March 11.
The two men, identified as Salami Abiodun Sadeeq and Enwelunta Obumnore Godfrey, boarded the same flight with the Italian who tested positive to coronavirus in Lagos.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that coronavirus took a graver turn in Italy as the country hit the highest number of the death toll in a single day since its outbreak in China.
On Sunday, March 8, Italy confirmed 49 casualties as a result of the deadly infection while the case record rose from 5,883 to 7,375.
Similarly in Iran, all flights coming from Europe have been cancelled until further notice after the casualty level rose to 149 with cases soaring to 6,566.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We keep evolving to serve our readers better.
Coronavirus: Nigerians take advantage of every situation | Legit TV