Security operatives did not shoot man who approached Buhari in Kebbi (video)

Security operatives did not shoot man who approached Buhari in Kebbi (video)

- Reports that a man was on Thursday, March 12, shot in the foot while approaching Buhari in Kebbi are untrue

- President Buhari was in the state to declare open 2020 Argungu Fishing and Cultural Festival

- Garba Shehu described the man as an overzealous supporter of the president

A report by Daily Trust has dismissed claims that an unidentified man who attempted to move towards President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday, March 12, in Argungu, Kebbi state was shot.

Legit.ng gathered that the president was in the state for the 2020 Argungu Fishing and Cultural Festival.

The video shows the moment the man was moving close to Mr. President but was stopped in his tracks. It was believed that the man had penetrated Nigeria’s number 1 citizen's tight security and attempted to go close to him before Buhari’s security detail prevented him.

Operatives of the Department of State Security were said to have later carried the man to an unknown location.

Little girl left stranded as mum slumps, dies at BRT station in Lagos (photos)

Presidential aide, Garba Shehu, confirmed the incident, stating that the man was an overzealous supporter of the president who did not know that he had crossed the line of security.

Shehu said: “He is an overzealous supporter who wanted to reach the president clearly out of goodwill. He didn’t know the limit and security implications. He didn’t know that he was crossing the line of security.”

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the presidency dismissed reports alleging that President Buhari was attacked in Kebbi state on Thursday, March 12, when he went to declare open the Argungu fishing and cultural festival.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

The aide stated that just as it is done around the world when the man attempted to get close to the president, he was stopped by security officials.

Why suspected attack on Buhari should be investigated - PDP

Recall that the minister of information and culture, Lai Mohammed, in Abuja, on Tuesday, March 3, declared that the Argungu festival has been included in the list of national programmes.

Mohammed said that the traditional sport attracts both international and local tourists thereby creating jobs for a lot of persons, especially for women and youths.

He pointed out that this is one very vital means of diversifying the nation's economy that has depended on crude oil.

Mohammed said: “These festivals are the rich ingredients for the enhancement of tourism in Nigeria, and they are part of the creative industry which is one of the areas the federal government relies on for the diversification of the economy away from oil."

In another report, ahead of the APC's National Executive Council (NEC) scheduled for Tuesday, March 17, a high court in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) presided over by Justice S. U. Bature, restrained top officials of the part from making any interference.

Presidency speaks about alleged attack on Buhari

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!

Abaribe asks President Buhari to resign, Nigerians react | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel