Coronavirus: 49 dead, 7,375 cases confirmed on Sunday as Italy sees increase in casualty

Coronavirus: 49 dead, 7,375 cases confirmed on Sunday as Italy sees increase in casualty

- Coronavirus has taken a graver turn in Italy as the country hit the highest number of death toll in a single day since its outbreak in China

- On Sunday, March 8, Italy confirmed 49 casualties as a result of the deadly infection while the case record rose from 5,883 to 7,375

- Similarly in Iran, all flights coming from Europe have been cancelled until further notice after the casualty level rose to 149 with cases soaring to 6,566

Italy becomes the first country in the world to witness the largest number of daily casualties occasioned by coronavirus after 49 people were confirmed dead on Sunday, March 8, by the authorities.

Since its outbreak in China, Italy has by far recorded the largest number of case of the epidemic in Europe with confirmed cases shockingly soaring up from 5,883 to 7,375 on Saturday, Sky News reports.

Tragically, the number of death casualties from coronavirus in Italy have towered up from 233 to 366, though the Protection Agency said 622 fully recovered from the virus Sunday, March 8.

Africa records first coronavirus death as 60-year-old tourist dies in Egypt
Coronavirus: 49 dead, 7,375 cases confirmed on Sunday as Italy sees increase in casualty

Coronavirus: 49 dead, 7,375 cases confirmed on Sunday as Italy sees increase in casualty.
Source: Depositphotos

About 16 million people in northern Italy have been on lockdown since the disease took a dangerous turn and prime minister Giuseppe Conte said the country will embark on a "massive shock therapy" as part of measure to put the disease under strict controls.

"We will not stop here. We will use massive shock therapy. To come out of this emergency we will use all human and economic resources," Giuseppe said when giving an update on the situation of things.

Meanwhile, coronavirus is hitting hard on Iran as the Islamic country has recorded 6,566 cases with the death toll rising to 194 as fresh 49 death cases were confirmed on Saturday.

According to Dailymail, Iranian authorities have announced to the country's citizens to avoid large gathering while also suspending all flights to Europe until further notice as part of measure to curb the spread of the infection.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Coronavirus: 3 suspected patients discharged in Lagos, case remains 1 nationwide as government gives update

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that following the tragic collapse of a hotel being used as a coronavirus quarantine center in China, the Ministry of Emergency Management has revealed that ten people died after the building came down.

Eighty people were inside the center when it collapsed on Saturday, March 7. Nine out of that number were able to escape, while 71 people were trapped in the building. So far 48 people have been pulled from the rubble and as the remaining 23 are unaccounted for.

Throughout the night, more than 1,000 firefighters and other emergency responders worked to find survivors, the Fujian Fire Department said.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We keep evolving to serve our readers better.

Coronavirus: Nigerians take advantage of every situation | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel