Al-Mustapha shares how late Sani Abacha's loot left Nigeria

Al-Mustapha shares how late Sani Abacha's loot left Nigeria

- Major Hamza Al-Mustapha has made some revelations about the never-ending funds looted by late Sani Abacha

- Al-Mustapha explained how the money in question was taken out of the country

- The former chief security officer said his principal was a prudent man

Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, the chief security officer to former Nigeria military head of state, late Sani Abacha, has opened up on looting of the nation under the administration of his boss and how the never-ending funds were taken out of the country.

Speaking to Vanguard in an interview on issues surrounding the deceased military leader, Al-Mustapha said the first time he heard the word 'loot' in connection with the federal government was when he was in Kirikiri prison.

The former CSO went on to explain that he wasn't consulted and also had nothing to do with the money as he was embarrassed to hear the word loot. According to him, he was uncomfortable when loot is mention during Abacha's regime because he knew how prudent the late head of state was.

Read also

Buhari’s administration judiciously utilized looted funds - Malami

Al-Mustapha makes more startling revelations about Abacha's loot
Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, the chief security officer to former military head of state, late Sani Abacha
Source: Facebook

Al-Mustapha speaking on how the money left Nigeria, said: "What I know is that there was a time sanction were imposed on Nigeria by the UK, the US and two other countries and that was at the behest of some senior Nigerians who believed that they must fight Gen Abacha.

But to counter the sanctions, then-Head of State requested to talk with stakeholders from across Nigeria, north, and south, and there was a discussion on the sanctions and the threat against the country; the meeting held in Abuja but outside the Villa because of the size of the people in attendance that was bigger than the size of the Conference Hall inside the Presidency.

The agreement at that meeting was to take funds outside into the hands of people in the private sector so that the nation could still import and export to, at least, beat the sanctions. That I know of."

Read also

EFCC records huge success, returns N263m looted funds across 16 LGAs to Kwara government (photo)

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Legit.ng previously reported that late Sani Abacha's chief security officer said that the former military head of state is innocent of allegations of looting funds from the nation's coffers.

Speaking on Voice of America, Hausa Service in Kaduna on Thursday, February 6, Al-Mustapha said reports that monies in multi-million were stashed in foreign banks by Abacha are all lies. Al-Mustapha said the funds said to have been allegedly looted by his boss and returned by some countries were stolen by Abacha's successors.

In a similar development, Abubakar Malami, Nigeria's justice minister, on Tuesday, March 3, revealed that the looted funds recovered by the present administration were well utilized for public-oriented projects.

The AGF in a statement issued by his special assistant on media and public relations, said since the present government took over, the major amount recovered was $322 million from the Swiss government.

Read also

Kaduna attack: Death toll rises to 50 as Governor El-Rufai talks tough, reveals what he'll do to bandits soon

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!

How Nigerians should fight corruption - civil society group | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel