- Nigeria's leader has strongly condemned the latest attack by bandits in some Kaduna state villages
- The president expressed sadness and noted that his administration would not be blackmailed by criminals
- Some villages in Igabi and Giwa local government areas of Kaduna were recently attacked by bandits
President Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday, March 2, reacted to the latest round of attacks by bandits in Igabi and Giwa local government areas of Kaduna state.
The president expressed feelings of sadness and regret in a statement by his spokesperson, Garba Shehu. Buhari was quoted as saying that his administration would not be blackmailed by criminals to abandon the current military operations against them.
Buhari sent a strong warning to the killers saying: "The criminals cannot be lucky always; we are determined to frustrate and defeat them, and no matter how long they run or where they hide, they would be smoked out and brought to justice."
The president assured the people of Kaduna state his administration would continue to fight the bandits and bring them to justice.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that some suspected bandits attacked and killed at least 30 people in some villages Kaduna state. Several people are believed to have been injured in the attack.
Troops of the Nigerian Army and Air Force attacked the bandits and killed many of them in the process.
In a related development, Nasir El-Rufai, Kaduna governor, has rekindled commitment towards ending the menace of banditry in the state following a reprisal attack on some villages in Igabi and Giwa local government.
As the death toll reportedly rose to 51, El-Rufai said his government is committed to bringing the surging waves of banditry to end. Speaking at the scene of the incidents, El-Rufai said his government would not give the attackers a breathing space.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) - Legit.ng. We have upgraded to serve you better.
Whom do you think can replace President Buhari in 2023? | Legit TV