Coronavirus: Lagos govt moves infected patient to renovated facility

Coronavirus: Lagos govt moves infected patient to renovated facility

- The Italian who tested positive to coronavirus in Lagos has been moved to a new facility, the state's health commissioner has confirmed

- The commissioner, Akin Abayomi, admitted that the patient had complained about his condition at the previous place

- Abayomi said the infected man is now comfortable in his new ward

Lagos commissioner of health, Akin Abayomi, says the Italian who tested positive to coronavirus has been moved to a renovated facility.

Abayomi said while appearing on Arise Television on Saturday, February 29, that the patient had complained about his condition but he said he is now comfortable in his new ward, PM News reports.

“I saw him at about 6pm yesterday. He was explaining his condition and we were taking some new data from him,” he said.

“He’s in an isolation room all by himself and we had moved him into a particular room because we were doing a general overhaul of the whole facility because we want to be ready.

“There were some discomforts in terms of heat, but about 9 pm we moved him over to the renovated facility which has lots of air conditioners, fans and it’s a 28-bed brand new facility, and he’s there on his own in the whole ward and as of 6 am this morning I’m told he’s comfortable.”

Coronavirus: Lagos govt moves infected patient to renovated facility

Lagos health commissioner visits coronavirus patient. Credit: Akin Abayomi
Source: Twitter

The commissioner said they started renovations last week and now have the 100-bed capacity.

“We’ve been building a biosecurity unit that includes advanced diagnostic capacity. We’ve been building isolation wards which have special airflow dynamics,” he said.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Earlier, Legit.ng reported that there was a mild drama at the Lagos isolation centre as the 44-year-old Italian man infected with the virus attempted to run away from the centre.

It was gathered that the Italian was quarantined at the Mainland Hospital, Yaba, Lagos. The man was disappointed at the ill-equipped facility and poor treatment he is being given.

The Italian also complained of not being fed well and not receiving proper medical attention, all of which culminated in his decision to abscond from the centre.

Meanwhile, Nigeria's former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, has advised the federal government on to tackle coronavirus as Nigeria confirmed the first case of the deadly disease.

In a statement posted on his official Facebook page on Friday, February 28, Atiku gave four major pieces of advice of how the Muhammadu Buhari-led administration can effectively tackle the disease.

First, Atiku advised the Nigerian government to tackle the disease putting up a united front. He advised that the country must be united if it wants to defeat the virus.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better

Coronavirus: NOA DG reveals steps taken to prevent deadly epidemic | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel