- An Italian man infected with Coronavirus has attempted to escape from Lagos isolation centre
- The 44-year-old man was quarantined at the Mainland Hospital, Yaba, Lagos
- According to the report, he was disappointed at the ill-equipped facility and poor treatment he is being given at the Isolation centre
Following the detection of the first Coronavirus disease in Nigeria, there was a mild drama at the Lagos isolation centre, as a 44-year-old Italian man infected with the virus attempted to run away from the center.
It was gathered that the Italian was quarantined at the Mainland Hospital, Yaba, Lagos.
SaharaReporters reports that the man was disappointed at the ill-equipped facility and poor treatment he is being given.
Legit.ng gathered that the Italian also complained of not being fed well and not receiving proper medical attention, all of which culminated in his decision to abscond from the center.
"Where they kept him is a very uncomfortable place. They put him in just a room with no power supply, the room is not air-conditioned, mosquitoes are biting him and they are not feeding him," the sources were quoted to have said.
According to the report, his attempt to abscond from the isolation centre was, however, not successful as personnel around the facility was able to stop him.
The Italian is the only confirmed case of the virus in Nigeria after he flew into the country on Monday, February 24.
The online medium said it had exclusively reported that he was diagnosed with the disease in Ogun State before he was rushed to Lagos where he was kept in isolation.
It was also reported that the Italian made contact with many people within and outside the cement factory and at the hospital where he was rushed to for initial treatment.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that Pope Francis is sick and could possibly be infected by coronavirus but Vatican officials have refused to comment on the true state of the pontiff.
Matteo Bruni, the spokesman for the Vatican, only said that the Pope could not show up for mass because he is slightly indisposed.
It should be noted that the mass was the first one preceding the start of Lent. The spokesman also did not respond to any further questions.
There was a wide concern for the pope during Ash Wednesday celebration on February 26 as he coughed and blew his nose as he greeted people without wearing a mask.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better
Coronavirus: NOA DG reveals steps taken to prevent deadly epidemic | - on Legit TV