When is JAMB exam starting? After closing registration for this year's applications on 17th February, the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board is set to conduct the 2020 entry-level examination for tertiary-level institutes. The test is mandatory for any student who wants to join university. Here is the latest JAMB news.
Registration for the test began on the 13th of January and closed on the 17th of February, but when is JAMB exam starting?
Students are now getting ready for these tests which will be taken from 14th March to 4th April 2020.
What you need to have before the JAMB date
Before sitting for the test, the students will have to take the Mock exam, conducted on 18th February 2020.
All registered students must have the exam slip, which is sometimes sent via email. This is the only item you are allowed to carry to the test center.
Follow these steps to print your slip for the JAMB 2020 exam:
- Visit the JAMB Print Examination Slip page
- Log in with your registration number and email
- Select 'print examination slip'
In case of any changes to the exam timetable, follow these steps to reprint your slip before the JAMB exam date:
- Go to Jamb.org.ng/efacility
- Log in with your account email address and password
- Select 'print UTME Main Examination slip
- Fill in your registration number
- Select 're-print'
JAMB update: Approved CBT centers
There are endorsed centers where candidates can take the test in each state. The board published a list of approved centers, as well as those that have been blacklisted for not meeting the given requirements.
How to prepare for the exam
As the test day draws near, you should have all the items in this checklist:
- List of approved CBT centers
- The syllabus
- Past questions
- Instructions and guidelines
- Recommended textbooks
- Combination of subjects for science students
- Combination of subjects for arts, commercial, social sciences
Before and on the day of the test, ensure that you:
- Practice for the test by going through the entire syllabus. All sections can be covered in the test.
- Enrol for the board's online practise test to review all possible questions for each subject that you have enrolled for. There are other test preparatory companies that offer similar tests to prepare you for the finals.
- Purchase the UTME question book which has past papers. This will give you insight into questions covered in previous years.
- Check your email for news on the reprinting of exam slips. There is always the possibility of a change of date or postponement of your test.
- Get to the test center on time to get ready. On the day of the test, you should carry a photocopy of the reprint in order to enter the test center.
Prospective candidates now have the answer to "When is JAMB exam starting?" Adequate preparation is key to success in UTME. In order to get good scores, applicants should ensure that they are well equipped for the test.