5-year-old boy to be rewarded for saving family members, dog from fire accident

5-year-old boy to be rewarded for saving family members, dog from fire accident

- Noah Woods has given credence to the fact that age does not put a barrier to bravery

- The 5-year-old boy was able to save himself, their dog and seven other family members from a fire accident that happened at their home

- Noah will be recognised as an Honorary Bartow County firefighter and presented with a Lifesaving Award

A 5-year-old boy identified as Noah Woods has been commended for saving himself, his dog and seven other family members from a fire accident that happened at their home.

Legit.ng gathers that Noah was asleep in the room he shared with his 2-year-old sister when an electrical fire started by his bed, but was able to save himself, his sister and their dog through the window before finally saving other members of his family.

Once they were safe, Noah ran to the next door where his uncle lived and alerted him of the fire - other family members were helped out of the burning house.

Nigerian man advises newlywed couples against spending their first night in hotels

The disclosure was made on Tuesday, February 11, by the Bartow County Fire Department, which will be recognising Noah as an Honorary Bartow County firefighter and present him with a Lifesaving Award.

Noah said: “I don’t know where the flames came from.

“I picked Lily up, got to the window with Lily, get the dog and get out. And get myself out.”

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

In other news, a boy with a hearing impairment got people talking and congratulating him when he gave his mum a tight hug after his hearing implant was turned on.

Christopher's world changed when he heard for the first time in his life. The boy and his parents visited a medical specialist, who turned on his hearing implant.

When the device was turned on, the expression of surprise, shock, confusion and happiness was palpable.

Panic in Imo as hyena escapes from zoo

Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that a raging bush fire destroyed a part of the Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport in Owerri, Imo state.

Speaking on the incident, Henrietta Yakubu, the head of corporate affairs of the airport, revealed that air rescuers and fire-fighters battled to quench the flames.

Speaking on the incident, Henrietta Yakubu, the head of corporate affairs of the airport, revealed that air rescuers and fire-fighters battled to the flames.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better

Lagos Fire: This outbreak has now become a yearly 'sacrifice' - traders lament| Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel