If there is ever any person on the face of the earth who believes in the ability of women to deliver exactly as much if not more than their male counterpart, it is Nigerian entrepreneur and philanthropist, Tony Elumelu.
Elumelu pays great attention to identifying strong, capable women and lifting them to important leadership positions in most of his companies. He has gotten quite good at identifying female leaders and supporting them to succeed in any field that they are specialized.
Being a father of five girls, his championing of women empowerment exemplifies the kind of world he wants for his children by giving them the same opportunity given to men to succeed.
Most companies owned by Tony Elumelu are managed by women and below is a list of the women heading each company:
1. Foluke K. Abdul-Razaq; Non-Executive Director
2. Owanari Duke; Non-Executive Director
3. Erelu Angela Adebayo; Non-Executive Director
4. Angela Aneke; Non-Executive Director
5. Noellie Tiendrebeogo; CEO, UBA Burkina Faso
6. Sarata Kone; Sarata Kone, CEO, UBA Cote D'Ivoire
7. Chioma Mang; Chioma Mang, CEO, UBA Gabon
8. Nkechi Arizor; Nkechi Arizor, CEO, UBA Liberia
9. Adesola Yomi-Ajayi, CEO, UBA NY
10. Bola Atta; Group Head, Corporate Communications
11. Dupe Olusola; Group Head, Marketing
12. Amie Ndiaye Sow; Regional Ceo, West Africa 2
13. Abiola Bawuah; Regional Ceo, West Africa 1
14. Patricia Aderibigbe; Group Head, Human Resources
15. Emem Usoro; Directorate Head Abuja & North Central Bank
16. Uju Hassan Baba, Non-Executive Director
1. Eniola Fadayomi MFR Chairman
1. Uzoamaka Oshogwe, Managing Director/CEO
2. Agatha Obiekwugo, Board Member
1. Oluwatoyin F. Sanni, Non-Executive Director
2. Obi Ibekwe, Non-Executive Director
3. Helen Iwuchukwu, Group Company Secretary
4. Chinweugo Nwafor, Head - Internal Audit
1. Mrs Owen Omogiafo, MD/CEO
2. Ms Okaima Ohizua, Executive Director
3. Hajia Saratu Umar, Independent Non-Executive Director
1. Dr Awele Vivien Elumelu is chairperson of Avon Healthcare Limited.
2. Adesimbo Ukiri, Chief Executive Officer
AVON Medical Practice:
1. Dr Awele V. Elumelu, Chief Executive Officer
Tony Elumelu Foundation:
1. Ifeyinwa Ugochukwu - CEO
Recently, Transcorp announced the appointments of new Board and Executive Management. According to the chairman, Transcorp Group and Heirs Holdings, Tony O. Elumelu, he expressed his confidence that the newly appointed chief executives and non-executives directors will further strengthen Transcorp’s mission of improving lives across Nigeria.
Those who were newly appointed are Owen Omogiafo, president/GCEO of Transnational Corporation of Nigeria Plc, Dupe Olusola, MD/CEO of Transcorp Hotels Plc, Helen Iwuchukwu, Executive Director/Chief Operating Officer of the company, Christopher Ezeafulukwe, MD/CEO of Transcorp Power Plant, and Okaima Ohizua, Executive Director/Chief Operating Officer of Transcorp Power Ltd.