Borno leader blows hot, says military must compensate families of Auno victims

Borno leader blows hot, says military must compensate families of Auno victims

- The military has been told to compensate the families of Borno killing

- Suspected Boko Haram insurgents had on Sunday, February 9, killed about 30 commuters plying Damaturu-Maiduguri road

- Kaka Bolori, an ex-Borno chairman, said the sad event has further increased the humanitarian challenges people are facing in the state

An ex-chairman of Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC), Kaka Bolori, wants military authorities to compensate families of those killed by Boko Haram terrorists at Auno village in Borno state on the night of Sunday, February 9.

Daily Trust reports that Bolori said there was no justification for the military to block the Damaturu-Maiduguri road, deny commuters passage and leave them vulnerable to attack at night without any help from anywhere.

Legit.ng gathered that Bolori added that it was unthinkable for the soldiers to ask hundreds of people to layover at Auno when everyone knows that that place is not safe.

Borno attack: Atiku says Nigeria can’t afford to stay divided in face of common enemy

He said that more widows and orphans have been created on the day of the incident. He added that the unfortunate incident has further increased the humanitarian challenges people are facing.

Borno leader blows hot, says military must compensate families of Auno victims

Army troops fighting Boko Haram insurgents
Source: Twitter

It was reported that the travellers met their untimely death after they were allegedly forced to suspend their journeys even though it was not yet time for curfew which normally starts from 6pm and ends at 6am.

Among those who lost their lives were a baby and its mother, and a female student of the University of Maiduguri.

The onslaught on Auno reportedly took place at around 9.50 pm when hundreds of travellers who were stopped by soldiers manning the road around 4.45 pm on Sunday, February 9, were asleep.

Nigerians have called on President Buhari to find a lasting solution to the incessant killings and kidnappings of innocent people.

The National Assembly had also advised the president to sack the service chiefs to ensure that new blood of leadership is injected into the Nigerian army.

9 killed as insurgents abduct passengers on Maiduguri-Damaturu highway

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that Governor Zulum blamed the military for the recent Boko Haram attack in Auno town of Borno state which led to the killing of about 30 persons.

Meanwhile, the general overseer of the Omega Fire Ministries Worldwide, Apostle Johnson Suleman, has condemned the release of 1,400 Boko Haram suspects by the Nigerian military.

A Borno state government official had told a national newspaper on Monday, February 10, that the suspects had been released in three tranches since the ‘Operation Safe Corridor’ programme began.

Apostle Suleman said the news will not motivate soldiers at the front-line fighting the terrorist group.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) - Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better.

Can Nigerian Soldiers really not deal with Boko Haram fighters?| - on Legit TV

We didn't see any corpse after police encounter with bandits - Kaduna villagers

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel