- Jennifer Aniston is one of Hollywood's most adored and admired actresses
- The actress recently celebrated 51 and had a swanky party with her friends and family
- Aniston may have entered her fifties but doesn't look a day over 35
Hollywood sweetheart Jennifer Aniston turned 51 on Tuesday, February 11, and had a big celebration in Los Angeles.
She spent the day with her friends and family at the Sunset Tower Hotel in West Hollywood, having a festive and good time.
To honour the lovely actress, Legit.ng gathered a few facts about her that may not be as common knowledge as the fact that her hair is the envy of many ladies.
PAY ATTENTION: Read best news on Nigeria's #1 news app
1. Jennifer was born as Jennifer Joanna Anastassakis on February 11, 1969, to actors John and Nancy. The family changed their last name to Aniston when they moved to the US from Greece. If John Aniston sounds familiar, he's known for his role as Victor Kiriakis in Days of Our Lives.
2. Her childhood wasn't a rosy and cute one - she was bullied by other children. The gorgeous actress was actually on the chubby side and battled with dyslexia. Before she was diagnosed with dyslexia, she thought she was stupid.
3. As is the case with many actresses, Jennifer had to do less glamorous work before making it in Hollywood. As a child, she was pretty good at cleaning toilets and earned money doing it.
She worked as a waitress while looking for a job in Hollywood but she wasn't a good one. Jennifer dropped customers' food on their laps more than once.
"I wasn't a good waitress, but I was told that I was very nice and charming, so people liked me anyway."
4. Her first role, for which she wasn't even credited, was in Mac and Me in 1988. She also played Ferris Bueller's little sister Jeanine on TV for a short while. In 1993, she had a role in the 'bad' horror movie Leprechaun. It was such a bad experience for her that she almost quit acting.
Lucky for us, she stuck with it.
5. We all know and love Rachel in Friends and this is where she made it big. She also became besties with Courtney Cox, who played her on-TV best friend. Jennifer is Courtney's daughter's godmother.
6. Jennifer won both a Golden Globe and an Emmy Award during her time on Friends. She became one of the highest-paid actresses on TV and earned $1 million per episode for seasons 9 and 10 of the show.
7. Her favourite colour is blue.
8. She has a fear of flying despite needing to do so often.
9. Jennifer has dated some of Hollywood's biggest hunks. She was married to Brad Pitt after meeting on a blind date. She also had romances with Vince Vaughn, John Mayer and Jason Sudeikis.
Currently, the actress is single and fans are hoping she'll get back together with Brad.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng earlier reported that fans of Aniston gushed about the actress' N7.6bn mansion. The mansion was designed by A. Quincy Jones and completed in 1965. it has four bedrooms, six-and-a-half bathrooms with a wine cellar, pool, and guesthouse; it also has city and ocean views sitting on almost two acres of land.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better
Cardi B in Lagos: Which foreign artiste would you love to see in Nigeria?- on Legit TV