- The alleged presence of a gunman in west London on Tuesday, February 11, caused a serious scare
- The incident made policemen to lockdown a primary school located along Bromley were the man was said to have been found
- However, police officers said that after their search operation, no trace of the man was found
The police authority in the southern part of London on Tuesday, February 11, temporarily placed Castlecombe Primary School on lockdown following reports of the presence of a man in possession of a gun.
Dailystar.co.uk has it that the unknown man was seen by eyewitnesses along Dunkery Road in the Bromley part of the city in the afternoon of Tuesday.
Pupils of the school were kept in the premises while policemen carried out a search operation to track and possibly arrest the stranger.
However, police officers said that the search team was unable to find anybody with a firearm within the area, and as such did not make any arrest.
An officer, who did not reveal his identity, told journalists: “Police were called at 15:08hrs on Tuesday, 11 February to a report of a male seen carrying a firearm at Dunkery Road, Bromley.
“Children were kept inside a local school as a precaution while officers and NPAS made a search of the immediate and surrounding areas. No trace of the suspect or a firearm was found. No arrests were made.”
Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that what could have turned out as a large-scale tragedy was on Sunday, February 2, avert after a bomber said to be at a Winners Chapel building in Kaduna was discovered and arrested by policemen.
Eyewitnesses at the church revealed that the suspect, whose identity is yet to be made known, was with Improvised Explosive Device (IED) in one of the toilets when he was detected by CCTV and exposed.
It was also disclosed that this is not the first time the suspect is coming to the pretence in the guise of being a member of the parish.
This incident was confirmed by the chief security officer of the parish, Ekpenyong Edet.
In a related post, Legit.ng reported that Samuel Ezekiel, the father of the suspect who was arrested for allegedly attempting to bomb a Living Faith Church in Kaduna, had said his son, Nathaniel Samuel, is a Christian and not a Muslim as being speculated in the media.
Speaking at his house at Marabar Demishi village located few kilometres from Maraban Rido in Chikun local government area of Kaduna state, the father of the suspect said his son had been a Christian and not a Muslim even for a single day.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
Abaribe asks President Buhari to resign, Nigerians react | Legit TV