Borno attack: Atiku says Nigeria can’t afford to stay divided in face of common enemy

Borno attack: Atiku says Nigeria can’t afford to stay divided in face of common enemy

- Former vice president Atiku Abubakar has reacted to the Borno attack that occurred on Sunday, February 9

- Suspected Boko Haram insurgents killed 10 people and burnt no fewer than 18 cars, including heavy-duty trucks at Auno area of the state

- Atiku, however, urged Nigerians to be united in the fight against the insurgents in the country

Following the killings that took place in Borno state in the northeast on Sunday, February 9, the former vice president, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has appealed to all Nigerians irrespective of their religious, ethnic or political background to intensify the war against Boko Haram insurgents.

Legit.ng reports that he described the insurgent attacks as worrisome and something that needed to be arrested as soon as possible.

Reacting to the killing of over 30 people in Maiduguri, the capital of Borno state by the Boko Haram terrorists, the former presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), noted that the attack which took place in Auno was one too many.

Why military is to blame for Boko Haram killing of over 30 people - Borno governor

Atiku said Nigeria can’t afford to stay divided in the face of its common enemy. He made these remarks on Monday, February 10, via his verified Twitter handle.

President Muhammadu Buhari had promised to continually frustrate the goal of terrorists to hold Nigeria to ransom, insisting that their days are numbered.

President Buhari in a statement by his senior special assistant on media and publicity, Garba Shehu, on Monday, February 10, condemned the “murderous and cowardly attack on innocent passengers by the Boko Haram terrorists near Maiduguri.”

The insurgents attacked stranded passengers on the night of Sunday, February 9, at Auno, a village near Maiduguri, the Borno state capital, killing 10 people and burnt no fewer than 18 cars, including heavy-duty trucks.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the Borno state governor, Babagana Zulum, blamed the military for the recent Boko Haram attack which led to the killing of about 30 persons.

Newspapers review: Buhari reacts as Boko Haram kills 30 in fresh attack

It was reported that Zulum on Monday, February 10, stated that since he became governor, he had pleaded with the military to provide security for Auno town to no avail.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) - Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better.

Can Nigerian Soldiers really not deal with Boko Haram fighters?| - on Legit TV

Source: Legit

Online view pixel