- Dele Alli shared a snapchat video to his friends which was considered highly offensive
- In the video the Tottenham midfielder secretly films an unsuspecting Asian man
- He further mocked the viral deadly Coronavirus in the video
- Following an outrage online, the 23-year-old apologized for the video
In-form Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli might have landed himself into trouble after sharing a mocking video of the viral Coronavirus.
Dele Alli faces accusations of racism after he allegedly sent a series of clips mocking an Asian man of the disease which has so far claimed more than 700 lives.
The clips were reportedly taken on Thursday at a Heathrow Airport lounge as Alli prepared to take off to Dubai for the winter break.
In the video which has since been obtained by Daily Star, the 23-year old is seen wearing a face mask while yelling “Corona whatttttt, please listen with volume.”
One could also make out some Chinese accents in the background before Alli turns the camera to an unsuspecting Asian man.
He goes on to film the man who is seemingly on his phone, unaware that he is being captured on video by a player on a staggering £100,000-a-week wage at the London club.
The outrage does not end there as the video then pans to a bottle of handwash and the the caption, "This virus gunna have to be quicker than that to catch me.”
Once the video went viral, Dele Ali was thoroughly criticized for allegedly “fanning the flames” of the stigma that came with the deadly virus.
In a worrying trend, there have been an increase in racist remarks and jokes towards people of Asian descent since the alert of the virus was issued worldwide.
The Sheffield South Yorkshire Police said it was “liaising with both universities and representatives from the Chinese community in the city to offer reassurance and establish further details” of the incident.
Alli has since spoken on the incident as he apologized for offending people online with the Snapchat video.
“This was never my intention at all. For anyone that was offended, I’d like to offer my sincerest apologies,” He said on the evening of Saturday, February 8.
Earlier, Legit.ng reported that Danny Rose has blamed Jose Mourinho for his sudden exit from Tottenham Hotspur during the winter transfer window.
The 29-year-old defender made a switch to fellow Newcastle United on a short term loan deal until the end of the season.
Mourinho was appointed replacement for Mauricio Pochettino in November 2019 and has improved their progress on the Premier League table.
But since the Portuguese born tactician became the boss at the north London Stadium, Rose made just five appearances.