No insurgents blockage on Maiduguri-Damaturu road - Army

No insurgents blockage on Maiduguri-Damaturu road - Army

- Report that criminals blocked Damaturu road has been debunked by the Army

- The Army described the report as fake and mischievous

- Going further, the Army said the news came as a surprise to motorist plying the road

The news that the Maiduguri-Damaturu Road has been blocked by insurgents has been dismissed.

In dismissing the news, the Nigerian Army labelled it “fake and mischievous”.

This was disclosed by Col. Sagir Musa, the acting director, Army public relations.

According to him, no such incident happened on the road on Friday, February 7, as being insinuated.

He added that the news even came as a surprise to many motorists using the road.

Going further, he added that the fake news came into being when a team of journalists were in the state to know about the security situation of the area.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that amid calls for the removal of the service chiefs by prominent Nigerians over the level of insecurity in Nigeria, the Theatre Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole (OPLD), Olusegun Adeniyi, said that the Boko Haram insurgents would never get hold of any part of Nigeria again.

Ansaru bandits: Police confirm death of 2 officers

Legit.ng reported that Adeniyi, a major general, stated this while reviewing the progress of the ongoing counter-insurgency operation of the Nigerian Armed Forces in the northeast on Friday, February 7, in Maiduguri, the capital of Borno.

He said the military had succeeded in reducing the sect from the terrorist army a used to be, to mere criminals because of the defeat they suffered since 2015.

The commander dismissed the insurgents’ attempt to retake any territory “as a dream that will never come to pass for them.”

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

He noted that Boko Haram had in 2013 transmuted from a terrorist group to a terrorist army sustaining intense attacks on towns, villages, communities, markets and military bases.

Adeniyi maintained that the insurgents had been defeated since 2017 and would remain so, adding that the current pockets of resurgent of the terrorist had an international dimension.

DSS reacts to reports about movement of terrorists into FCT, other parts of the country

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) - Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better

Nigerian Air Force Operations Against Boko Haram | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel