Bomb explosion hits Ekiti government house

Bomb explosion hits Ekiti government house

- The Ekiti old government house has been hit with bomb explosion

- The explosion brought down a building around the area and also affected a section of the state Ministry of Chieftaincy Affairs and the Ministry of Finance

- The state's commissioner for information and civic orientation said there are no casualties, advising members of the public to go about their normal duties

The Okesha area of Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti state capital, was on Saturday, February 8, hit with a bomb explosion which reportedly went off around the old government house.

The explosion caused pandemonium as it brought down a building around the area, with a section of the state Ministry of Chieftaincy Affairs also badly hit, The Cable reports.

Legit.ng gathers that the explosion also damaged parts of the Ministry of Finance and other buildings in the premises.

In his own statement, the state commissioner for information and civic orientation, Aare Muyiwa Olumilua, said the explosion happened at the office of the Explosives Ordnance Disposal (EOD) in Ado Ekiti.

The commissioner disclosed this via the Ekiti state government's official Twitter handle.

"An explosion was reported earlier this morning at the Explosives Ordnance Disposal (EOD) office in Ado Ekiti," the tweet reads partly.

Olumilua, however, said there are no casualties recorded and the area is already secured. He advised members of the public to go about their normal duties.

"An initial on-the-spot assessment confirms that there are no casualties and the area is secured with no further threats.

"Members of the public are advised to go about their normal duties," he said.

The statement by Amba Asuquo, Ekiti state commissioner of police, who was at the scene of the blast, also confirmed that the bomb might have gone off from the EOD office.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, the southwest regional security outfit called Operation Amotekun is here to stay, Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti state has said.

He disclosed this while addressing the people of Ekiti state during a live radio program tagged ‘Mr Governor Speaks’ on Sunday, February 2.

During the show which was monitored by Nigerian Tribune, he spoke about several issues including the way forward for the famous regional security outfit.

According to him, the people have taken Amotekun far beyond what the governors had planned initially.

Now the security outfit has reached other countries including Russia, USA, and South Africa with a customised outfit.

Fayemi went on to stress the reason and importance for the establishment of Amotekun in the southwest region.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) - Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better.

Operation Amotekun: Should it be replicated in other regions? Nigerians react | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit Nigeria

Tags:
Online view pixel