- Fans were not allowed to make use of their phones during Madonna's UK concert on Thursday, January 30
- The decision was to allow fans to experience the concert and not be distracted by making a recording of it
- Some fans were left disappointed, while others supported Madonna's decision
Madonna has played the first of her UK concert and fans were left disappointed when they were not allowed to make use of their phones.
Daily Mail reports that the concert was held on Thursday, January 30. Fans were forced to lock their phones in special cases before they were allowed entry for the concert.
Legit.ng gathers that Madonna hired Yondr, a US firm to ensure that all mobile phones were locked away during the concert.
A 30-year-old pharmacist Rino Al Kadi expressed displeasure over the decision of the singer to ban phones at her concert.
Kadi said: "There's a special flavour in keeping your own footage from every show. And now she's so close to the audience it would be a great chance to take photos or try a selfie. It would be much more fun to have a memory like that from the day but it's OK, it's her decision."
However, a 60-year-old woman Michelle Webb and her son Jack Webb supported Madonna's decision.
Webb said: "It's so annoying when you're standing there and everyone is just too concerned with watching the show through their phone.
"There will be a DVD anyway so just buy that and enjoy the experience when you're there. It's also better for the performer.
"They can see your eyes and see you're enjoying it rather than staring out into a sea of phones."
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that 61-year-old Madonna is really in love with her dancer boyfriend, 25-year-old Ahlamalik Williams.
Madonna and Ahlamalik have been touring the world together for a little over a year now.
The pop diva recently met the young man's parents and all indications are that everyone got on like a house on fire.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have updated to serve you better
Cardi B full performance in Lagos | Legit TV