- Thousands of UTME applicants may miss their examination, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has said
- The examination body said the applicants might be missing their 2020 UTME due to suspension of 38 Computer Base Test centre across 11 states
- JAMB said operators of illegal centres have been handed over to the Police for prosecution
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has released a list of suspended Computer Based Test centres ahead of the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
Premium Times reports that an official of the examination body has said that thousands of candidates who are registered in 38 centres across the country may miss writing their UTME.
The official said the centres were suspended from conducting the UTME because the operators defaulted by disobeying the rules governing the registration of candidates as provided by the examination board.
Also reacting to the situation, the JAMB registrar, Ishaq Oloyede, said the board has handed over 38 CBT operators to the police for further investigation.
Oloyede said these centres' operators illegally moved their registration facilities outside their previously allocated locations.
He also said JAMB gathered that the operators also granted third-party access to cybercafes and business centres with a Virtual Private Network(VPN) access which was issued to each registered CBT centres.
According to the body, the affected states are Akwa-Ibom, Anambra, Bayelsa, Delta, Katsina, Kwara, Lagos, Nassarawa, Ondo, Oyo, Rivers states.
The 2020 UTME registration started on Monday, January 13 and will end on Monday, February 17, while the mock registration, which started on January 13 will end on Saturday, February 1, 2020
Below is a list of the suspended CBT centres:
1. UTME2017/03080005 - PTDF E-Resources Centre, University Of Uyo, town Campus Annex (opposite faculty of law)
2. UTME2019/04000008- Adazi-Nnukwu ICT/CBT Centre,union primary school road, behind st. Joseph catholic church, adazi Nnukwu Anaocha, L.G.A (Suspended for another infraction - Extortion)
3. UTME2017/04090001 - B.B.O. Emeh Education Foundation, 1 Ugbaga Close, Umudinya Village, (Awuda Qtrs), Nnobi
4. UTME2017/04040001 - Emkenlyn Computers, Nneamaka Secondary School ICT Centre, Ifitedunu, Dunukofia LGA (Suspended for another infraction - Extortion)
5. UTME2017/04140001 - Konigins Des Friedens College, 6, Pius Ogbuagu Avenue, Oka-Uga
6. UTME2017/04070001 - Mega Data View Computers, St. John of God Secondary School, Awka,
7. UTME2019/04000009 - Mega Dataview Computers Christ The King College Centre I Oguta Road Onitisha
8. UTME2017/04170001 - Nwafor Orizu College of Education CBT Centre, 3-3 Junction, Nsugbe
9. UTME2019/04000002 - Nwafor Orizu College of Education Nsugbe E-Library, Centre 2
10. UTME2017/06040007 - New Kings and Queens Montessori, Opp. NUJ Office, New Road, Ekeki, Yenagoa, Centre 1 (Suspended for another infraction - Extortion)
11. UTME2017/06050001 - Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State. Centre 1 (New Site)
12. UTME2017/06040002 - Potter's Touch High School KM2 Melford Okilo Way, Igbogene, Yenagoa
13. UTME2017/06040003 - Predesaf International College, New Market Road Mbiama/Yenagoa Road opp NNPC fuel Akenfa 3 Yenagoa
14. UTME2020/10000015 - Brightfield Schools, No. 18 Onwugbonu Crescent new layout, Ekpan (Suspended for another infraction - Extortion)
15. UTME2019/10000007 - Holywood International School Asaba By Eco Bank, Opp Summit Road Asaba (Suspended for another infraction - Technical Deficiencies during Third-Party Exam)
16. UTME2018/10000001 - Pacia International School, Opp. Blue Water Hotel, Nigercat Road, Ekpan-Effurun
17. UTME2020/10000014 - Sonnicity Universal School, No. 5 Ikprukpru Street Off Uloho Avenue, Ughelli
18. UTME2017/20010002 - CBT Centre, Zonal Education Quality Assurance, Daura
19. UTME2020/20000003 - DIALOGUE COMPUTER INSTITUTE, KATSINA, No 1A near LEA Rafukka Kofar Sauri
20. UTME2017/23020004 - Parrot Cyberworld Limited, Emmanuel Baptist College Beside Lead Hostel unilorin Road Tanke ilorin
21. UTME2017/23020010 - Units CBT Centre, Behind Diamond Field Filling Station, Off Asa Dam Road, Ilorin
22. UTME2017/27190001 - Malicomp Computers, 17 Adesola Akande, off Oyemekun Street, Ifako Ijaiye
23. UTME2019/24000001 - Winsford Comprehensive College, 8/9 Awopeju Close, Off Foursquare Gospel Church, Igbogbo, Ikorodu
24. UTME2018/25000005 - E-Plus Network, E-Library, Nasarawa State University, Keffi
25. UTME2020/25000008 - Excellesia CBT, No 9 Sule Adamu Street, Off Sani Abacha Road, Beside Mount Zion Chapel Int'l Church, Mararaba
26. UTME2017/25070001 - Gods Own Scholars Academy, Angwansoja, Area1, Masaka
27. UTME2017/25060002 - Lizdav Academy Nursery, Primary & Secondary School, Along Calvary Road, Ruga Junction, Mararaba
28. UTME2019/25000006 - Risewise CBT, Triton International School, Km 20 Abuja - Keffi Expressway, Opp Key Science Academy Masaka
29. UTME2019/28000002 - AMC ICT Centre, Akinyosoye Model College, Fagbola Estate, Ile-Oluji
30. UTME2020/30000020 - Emmakulate Systems Solutions, 138 Liberty Road, Oke- ado SPAACO House, Ibadan
31. UTME2019/32000001 - A-Pagen Consolidated Services Limited, CBT Center 1, No 18, Nathan Amadi Avenue, Near Humanity Hotel, White House Bus Stop, Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt (Suspended for another infraction - Extortion)
32. UTME2020/32000014 - A-Pagen Consolidated Services Limited, CBT Center 2, No 18, Nathan Amadi Avenue, Near Humanity Hotel, White House Bus Stop, Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt.
33. UTME2017/32030001 - Evinok Connection Nig. Ltd, 128C Old Refinery Road, Elelenwo
34. UTME2020/32000013 - Ledos-InnocentB ICT Center, Birabi Memorial Grammar School, Bori
35. UTME2017/32080006 - Paragon City Light College (6 Paradise Street, NDDC Road. Off C.O.E, Iwofe Road, Opp. ONAVA Filling Station, Port Harcourt)
36. UTME2020/32000006 - State School III Elele Town, Along Owerri Road, beside Our Lady of Lourdes, Catholic Church, Ikwerre L.G.A
37. UTME2019/32000002 RIVERS Tessy international Schools, Chukwu-Agholu Avenue, Rumuagholu Road, off Rumuokoro Roundabout, Port Harcourt (Suspended for another infraction - Technical Deficiencies during Third-Party Exam)
38. UTME2020/32000008 Rivers The Influential School, Mgbaraja Egbelu, Pipeline Road by Cornerstone Junction off NTA Road, Ozuoba, Port Harcourt (Suspended for another infraction - Extortion)
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that JAMB had registered 700,000 candidates for the 2020 UTME in two weeks.
The examination body at that time said it had blacklisted about 41 Computer-Based Test (CBT) centres following allegations of fraud and deficiency on the part of technicians.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
Struggle for NIN nearly ends with stampede in Lagos | Legit TV