What are the most distinguishing features of the Vivo X30 Pro? The new handset comes with a quad-camera setup with a periscope-style 5x telephoto shooter, a high-grade CPU, and an integrated 5G modem. Discover the Vivo X30 Pro latest news to learn whether it is worth its cost.
Vivo, the Chinese company, has been bringing technological innovations on the market. It announced the launch of the Vivo X30 Pro on December 16, 2019.
At the moment, you can buy the smartphone at $577 – $580 (NGN 209,020 – 210,063).
What are the pros and cons of this beautiful smartphone?
- A large, slim display
- A large battery capacity
- Fast battery charging
- It features a power-efficient chipset
- It comes with a high-grade front camera
- It is protected from heating by a gel-based cooling solution
- It does not support SD cards
- It is a bit heavy
- It does not offer wireless charging
- Vivo X30 Pro launch date: December 16, 2019
- Screen size: 6.44-inches
- Screen type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen
- Screen resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels
- Weight: 198.5 grams
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie), Funtouch 10.0
- Chipset: Exynos 980 (8 nm)
- Main camera: 64MP + 13MP + 32MP + 8MP
- Selfie camera: 32MP
- CPU: Octa-core (2x2.2 GHz Cortex-A77 & 6x1.8 GHz Cortex A55)
- Vivo X30 Pro memory: 8GB RAM, 128GB/256GB ROM
- Colors: Black, Peach, Light Blue
- Vivo X30 Pro price: $577 – $580 (NGN 209,020 – 210,063)
- Bonus features: An FM-radio, an accelerometer, a compass, an under-display fingerprint sensor, a gyroscope, a proximity sensor
What about the hardware features of the phone?
The smartphone is easy to hold with one hand. It has a small 2.98 mm notch housing the 32MP selfie camera. Its width is 74.1 mm. It is 158.5 mm long. The thickness of the device is 8.8 mm.
The weight of the phone is 198.5 g, which might cause slight discomfort if you hold it with one hand for a long time.
The Vivo X30 Pro comes with a 6.44-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, providing superb color reproduction. It has a screen to body ratio of 85.3%. The display features a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels.
Processor, storage & performance
The phone comes with the Exynos 980 chipset. It is the first Al mobile processor with an integrated 5G modem created by Samsung. Such a chipset makes a smartphone more power-efficient. The Exynos 980 supports Wi-Fi 6, offering faster and more reliable speeds for online gaming and streaming.
The octa-core CPU of the handset features two high-performing Cortex-A77 cores and six Cortex A55 cores.
The phone features 8GB RAM and 128 GB/256 GB of inbuilt storage, which is great.
In general, a user can enjoy smooth operation and extremely high performance no matter which apps he launches.
The smartphone has an inbuilt Li-Po battery of 4,350mAh. It supports FlashCharge technology, providing fast charging of 33W.
Speaker & call quality
The handset includes a loudspeaker and a 3.5 mm jack. Thus, the phone's owner can connect his gadget to audio output devices, including headphones and speakers.
Since the phone features active noise cancellation with a dedicated microphone, it ensures clear speech and reduces the sounds in the background.
What software runs the programs and applications of the handset?
OS & features
The smartphone runs on Android 9.0 (Pie), Funtouch 10.0. This offers a minimal design and some new gestures, allowing one to shift between various apps quickly.
The handset also has an under-display fingerprint sensor.
Its network connectivity options include:
- GSM (850/900/1800/1900)
- GPS (A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS)
- WLAN (Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac)
- Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- FM radio
- USB (Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go)
Vivo X30 Pro camera, video, and image quality
The phone features a 32MP front camera, a rear quad-camera setup, and a dual-LED dual-tone flash.
The rear camera setup consists of:
- A 64 MP primary camera
- A 13 MP periscopic telephoto lens with 5x optical zoom
- A 32 MP telephoto lens with 2x optical zoom
- An 8 MP ultrawide sensor
The rear lens setup of the Vivo X30 Pro is equipped with autofocus, finely adjusting the focus of the camera. The phone supports HD (720p), Full HD (1080p), and Ultra HD (4K) video resolution modes.
The phone also has an eye-tracking feature, Hyper HDR, and Super Night Mode 2.0 for taking amazing photos, irrespective of the lighting conditions.
Have a look at the pictures taken using the phone:
What do you think of the image quality?
Vivo X30 Pro review
A newly released gadget always attracts plenty of attention. Some people may want to learn its specs while other users wish to share their thoughts about it. Here are some of them:
- NeonHD: This phone is looking very promising, can't wait for its release.
- Michael Leong: If this phone got dual speakers with dolby atmos supported, I will definitely buy it.
Putting into account the Vivo X30 Pro specs, one can conclude that this device is an excellent investment. It offers a fantastic performance, great cameras with high resolution, and a 4,350mAh battery.
The Vivo X30 Pro will enchant you with its excellent graphics, clarity, high-speed performance, and long battery life. It is an ideal choice for people who love watching movies on their phones and those who enjoy playing games on their phones for hours.