- Olesegun Runsewe has spoken up on why he believes he is being sentenced to prison
- The director general of the National Council for Arts And Culture (NCAC) said that it all started when he shut down the arts and crafts village in Abuja
- Runsewe said that he shut down the place because it was usd by thugs for criminal activities
- The NCAC boss alleged that his problems started when he refused to relinquinsh the place to those he described as persons of interest
The director general of the National Council for Arts And Culture (NCAC), Olusegun Runsewe, has claimed that he was victimised and sentenced to prison because he shut down the arts and crafts village in Abuja.
Speaking to journalists on Friday, January 10, Runsewe said that the said village was shut down because it was being populated by criminals and miscreants in the central business district where it is located, Channels TV reports.
He, however, went ahead to reveal that that the Nigerian Police Force (NPF) had ordered the reopening of the village.
Runsewe alleged that refusal to relinquish the place to 'persons of interest' is actually what triggered his recent ordeal.
Earlier, Legit.ng reported that Runsewe had been sentenced to prison by a high court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
Delivering the verdict, the court, presided over by Justice Jude Okeke, ordered Inspector General of Police (IGP), Mohammed Adamu, to immediately arrest Runsewe and detain him in correctional services over contempt of an order of the court on his part.
The order followed a suit filed by Ummakalif Limited against the minister of the FCT, the Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA) and Runwese.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!
How Nigerians should fight corruption - civil society group | Legit TV