Nobody was attacked at Ile Arugbo, Kwara Must Change insists

Nobody was attacked at Ile Arugbo, Kwara Must Change insists

- The demolition of a property owned by Late Olusola Saraki in Ilorin, Kwara state continues to generate reactions

- A group in the state says claims being made in some quarters that some women were attacked during the demolition are untrue

- The group said it has carried out its own investigations, urging people making the claim to provide evidence

A leading pro-democracy group in Kwara state, Kwara Must Change has called on the public to disregard claims being made in some quarters that some women were attacked during the demolition of Ile Arugbo piece of land.

According to the group, the claim is spurious, strange, unfounded and outrightly none existent.

The group said it has carried out its own investigations, urging people making the claim to provide evidence.

Nobody was attacked at Ile Arugbo, Kwara Must Change insists

The remains of Ile Arugbo, the facility demolished by the Kwara state government. Photo source: Twitter
Source: UGC

In a statement sent to Legit.ng by its coordinator, Comrade Yusuf Olatunji on Tuesday, January 2, the group said that after the alarm was raised by Senator Gbemisola Saraki last week, it carefully carried out an investigation to ascertain the veracity of the claims, but couldn't find any evidence to it.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Part of the statement read: “In our investigations, we visited the site of the incident, interacted with eyewitnesses and requested for names of victims if any, but none was provided.

“It appeared to us that Senator Gbemi Saraki was misled into raising false alarm by the opposition.

“If indeed people were attacked as claimed, at least, there should be some evidences and we should be able to see the affected victims. But all through our 3 days investigations, we have found no evidence whatsoever, other than the media claims.

“Further investigations also showed that, contrary to claims in the media, nobody lives in the premises, neither were people there when the demolition took place overnight. People only go to the place when they are invited to receive gifts.”

The group, therefore, maintained that it is wrong to continue to perpetuate falsehood in the media under the guise of opposition when such claims cannot be verified.

“It is even worse if such falsehood is being perpetrated, using aged women as tools for political blackmail,” the group stated.

Recall that the Kwara State government demolished the facility recently, alleging that it was acquired without any documentation.

The government's action, followed a resolution by the Kwara state House of Assembly said it discovered that the land belongs to the Kwara state government, but was illegally acquired by those occupying the land.

Meanwhile, the Kwara state police command has clarified that it did not take part in the demolition of Ile-Arugbo along Iloffa road, GRA, Ilorin.

The property, owned by Late Olusola Saraki, was recently demolished on the orders of the Kwara state governor, AbdulRahman AbdulRasaq.

The demolition has sparked reactions nationwide with many criticising the governor for his action.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!

Shehu Sani slams Nigerian leaders, says they see themselves as ethnic champions | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel