Iran offers $80million bounty for Donald Trump's head after death of general

Iran offers $80million bounty for Donald Trump's head after death of general

- Iran government has offered $80million bounty for Donald Trump's head after the death of its general, Qasem Soleimani

- Soleimani was killed in airstrike by the American soldiers

- Trump warned on Sunday, January 5, that the US would strike back harder against Iran if it retaliated

A report by Daily Mail indicated that an $80million bounty has been placed on the US president, Donald Trump's head in Iran over the assassination of its general, Qasem Soleimani.

Legit.ng gathered that Iran also threatened that it would attack the White House in response to the president's warning that any strike on American interests in the region ouldl bring massive retaliation.

According to the report, an organiser for a funeral procession for General Qassem Soleimani called on all Iranians to donate $1 each 'in order to gather an $80million bounty on President Trump's head.'

The organizer made the remarks during the procession in Mashad.

British prime minister Boris Johnson warns Trump against bombing Iranian sites, gives reason

Iran had also announced that it would no longer abide by any of the limits of its 2015 nuclear deal.

Iran offers $80million bounty for Donald Trump's head after death of general

The late Iranian general, Qasem Soleimani
Source: UGC

A statement issued by Iranian president, Hassan Rouhani's administration, said the country would not observe limitations on its enrichment, the amount of stockpiled enriched uranium as well as research and development in its nuclear activities.

It, however, did not elaborate on what levels it would immediately reach in its programme.

It would be recalled that earlier on Sunday, January 5, the Iraqi parliament voted for US troops to be expelled from the country.

The vote would 'obligate the government to work towards ending the presence of all foreign troops on Iraqi soil,' the country's media office stated.

Iranian MP Abolfazl Abutorabi also threatened to launch an attack on American soil in retaliation.

"We can attack the White House itself, we can respond to them on the American soil. We have the power, and God willing we will respond in an appropriate time,' Abutorabi said, according to the Iranian Labour News Agency.

Tension as Iran discloses the target it plans to attack in the USA

Abutorabi went on to say that, "this is a declaration of war, which means if you hesitate you lose. When someone declares war do you want to respond to the bullets with flowers? They will shoot you in the head."

Abutorabi's threat was made during an open session of parliament in Tehran just days after Iranian military Soleimani was killed in a drone strike on Friday at Baghdad airport. Soleimani was the architect of Tehran's overseas clandestine and military operations as head of the revolutionary guards' Quds Force.

Donald Trump had earlier warned that the US would 'strike back' harder at Iran if it retaliates against over the killing of military leader Qasem Soleimani.

He said in a tweet that: "These media posts will serve as notification to the United States Congress that should Iran strike any U.S. person or target, the United States will quickly & fully strike back, and perhaps in a disproportionate manner."

Davido reacts amidst fears of World War III after Trump’s action on Iran

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android and read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that following the tension generated by the United States' airstrike which killed Iran's military commander, Qasem Soleimani, the US embassy in Nigeria issued a security alert to Americans resident in the country.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We keep evolving to serve our readers better.

Street Gist: Will Nigeria be a better place with Trump as president? - on Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel