Poll: Nigerians divided over Magu's continuation as EFCC boss

Poll: Nigerians divided over Magu's continuation as EFCC boss

- If Nigerians were to vote who is to be next EFCC chairman, Ibrahim Magu, might not have a smooth ride back into the office

- A poll conducted by Legit.ng showed a huge division between citizens on whether Magu should continue as EFCC boss or not

- Some Nigerians argue that he has been effective in the corruption fight while others argue that his impact is not strong enough

Despite his huge contributions to President Muhammadu Buhari's anti-corruption fight, Nigerians do not seem entirely sure that the acting chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu, should continue in the position.

According to a poll conducted by Legit.ng, Nigerians are divided over whether President Buhari should let Magu continue to head the anti-graft agency.

Among a total of 490 votes on Twitter, 37.3% of the respondents believed that Magu should continue to head the EFCC. However, a sizeable 21.2% said he should be replaced while 22.7% said they did not see the impact of his work at the EFCC on the anti-corruption fight. 18.8% said they did not care about the poll topic.

Read also

Cleric predicts Imo governor Ihedioha will lose his position to APC candidate

On Facebook, 65% of the 3,400 respondents who voted said they would prefer for the EFCC acting chairman to be replaced. The remaining 35% said he should continue as chairman of the anti-corruption body.

Some of the respondents explained the reason for their votes. One Twitter user felt Magu has yet to achieve some milestones.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android and read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Facebook user, Fouad says Magu is a sincere person and he should stay

Engineer Anifowoshe agrees with Fouad.

But Clement Terlum Orya says Magu has to leave because of constitutional reasons.

Meanwhile, Legit.ng reports that the founder of the Divine Hand of God Prophetic Ministry, Abuja, Emmanuel Omale, has prophesied 29 major events that would happen in 2020, including that President Muhammadu Buhari would reappoint Magu as EFCC chairman in spite of massive gang up.

Read also

Presidential aide reveals saviour of Nigeria's democracy, says his action saved Nigeria from collapse

In the popular pastor’s yearly prophesy, he said the war on corruption will jail two ex-governors who are currently serving as senators.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We keep evolving to serve our readers better.

The EFCC stage a walk against corruption - on Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel