Former president Jonathan receives JTF, Navy commandants in Otuoke over attack on his residence

Former president Jonathan receives JTF, Navy commandants in Otuoke over attack on his residence

- JTF and the Navy have visited ex-president Jonathan in Otuoke over attack

- Some unidentified gunmen had stormed Jonathan's residence and injured security guards

- The former president urged the security operatives to intensify efforts to bring the culprits to book

The Joint Task Force (JFT) code named Operation Delta Safe and the Nigerian Navy, on Monday, December 30, visited former president Goodluck Jonathan in Otuoke, Ogbia local government area of Bayelsa state.

Daily Trust reports that the visit was to ascertain the level of damage following an attack on the former president’s residence by unknown gunmen on Christmas eve.

Legit.ng gathered that they said the visit was also to find necessary solution to prevent recurrence of such attacks.

According to the newspaper, the JTF commander, Rear Admiral Akinjide Akinrinade; the flag officer commanding central naval command, Rear Admiral Saidu Garba; the commander Nigerian Navy Ship Soroh, Commodore Felix Esekhile among others while in attendance.

Boko Haram's killing of 11 Christians: Elders forum furious with Buhari

Jonathan, however, urged them to be thorough in their investigation, adding that, “Be thorough as you seek to bring the perpetrators to book and ensure that such mindless attack do not happen again in any part of the country.” (NAN)

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the former president Jonathan enjoined security agencies to fish out those who attacked his country home in Otuoke, Bayelsa state.

It was reported that a soldier was shot dead by the unknown gunmen at his residence on Christmas eve.

Jonathan had also commended the Nigerian Army for how they acted swiftly during the incident and chased the attackers.

In a statement by the spokesman of the former president, Ikechukwu Eze, he mentioned how Nigerians of different social standings have empathized with Jonathan.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Expose those behind the attack on my house - Goodluck Jonathan tells security agencies

“Dr Jonathan noted that since the assailants attacked his marine security post on December 24, 2019 many Nigerians of different social status including President Muhammadu Buhari, state Governors and political party leaders as well as foreigners have either visited him or called to express their heartfelt sympathy over the unfortunate attack in his house,” the former president Jonathan had said.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) - Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better

Bayelsa election: Jonathan expresses disappointment over INEC’s conduct | - on Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel