FG places travel restrictions on ministers, others

FG places travel restrictions on ministers, others

- The number of trips out of the country for minister has been restricted by the presidency

- The order was announced by the minister of information, culture and tourism, Lai Mohammed

- The order also states that ministers are not allowed to travel more than eight times in a year

The minister of information, culture and tourism, Lai Mohammed, has revealed that ministers can only travel out from Nigeria not more than eight times in one year.

Mohammed said President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday, December 30, ordered that no minister is allowed to travel more than twice in a quarter, The Nation reports.

Added to this, no minister intending to take a trip should do so with more than four aides who are strictly needed for the official assignment.

Even more, federal government officials below the rank of ministers will have less number of aides attached to them.

The rule also said that travel allowances would no longer be calculated on an hourly basis as it used to be.

FG accuses US of sowing seed of religious mistrust among Nigerians
FG places travel restrictions on ministers, others

President Muhammadu Buhari said that no minister intending to take a trip should do so with more than four aides who are strictly needed for the official assignment.
Source: Facebook

Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that the former Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen, had been seized reportedly based on the federal government's order to stop him from leaving the country.

A top official of NIS told journalists that Onnoghen was on his way to Ghana with his wife and daughter when his green passport was seized by men of the service.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android and read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

The official disclosed that the order came from the presidency and that personnel of NIS were only following instructions, stating clearly that “Justice Onnoghen will have to meet with the presidency to know why his passport was seized."

The NIS official who chose to remain anonymous added: “On November 11, 2019, retired Honourable Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen, was attempting to travel to Accra, Ghana. He was in company with his wife, Nkoyo, and daughter.

Shehu Sani reacts as Danjuma said nobody will sleep again if he reveals what is happening in Nigeria

“His passport, with number A50445233, was flagged because Justice Onnoghen’s name was on the watch list. The passport is currently in custody of the NIS.”

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!

Man vows to vote President Buhari for a third term in office | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel