Jamal Khashoggi: Court in Saudi Arabia sentences 5 to death over murder of journalist

Jamal Khashoggi: Court in Saudi Arabia sentences 5 to death over murder of journalist

- The bereaved family of the international journalist, Jamal Khashoggi, has finally got justice

- This is as a court in Saudi Arabia sentenced to death five persons linked to Khashoggi's murder

- The court, according to the Saudi public prosecutor, established that the five people took part in the killing of the journalist

A court in Saudi Arabia on Monday, December 23, sentenced to death five persons found to have been linked to the murder of a late journalist, Jamal Khashoggi.

The case of Khashoggi's murder has been in court for quite a long time, warranting many people, including Agnes Callamard, a top international journalist, calling for Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman to be investigated over the issue, BBC reports.

According to the public prosecutor, the court established that the five persons whose names were withheld personally took part in killing Khashoggi.

Legit.ng had reported that the death penalty had been sought by Saudi against five suspects that were accused of murdering the journalist in the country's consulate in Istanbul, Turkey, on Tuesday, October 2.

P&ID: Court orders arrest of British national, Adam Quinn
Jamal Khashoggi: Court in Saudi Arabia sentences 5 to death over murder of journalist

The Saudi court established that the five persons whose names were withheld personally took part in killing Khashoggi
Source: Depositphotos

Saudi's public prosecutor, Saud Al-Mojeb, announced charges against six other people allegedly involved in the killing.

Legit.ng gathered that the prosecutor said Saudi believes that Khashoggi was given a lethal injection inside the country's consulate on October 2.

Earlier, Legit.ng reported that the United States had promised to make those involved in the gruesome killing of Khashoggi, pay for their action.

The US secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, made this threat during a phone conversation with the Saudi crown prince, Prince Mohammed bin Salman, on Sunday, November 11.

Legit.ng gathered that the threat was expedient after the pre-killing audio statement of the slain veteran journalist and critic of the Riyadh was revealed, detailing how he was begging his killers moments before he was murdered.

Earlier, President Tayyib of Turkey had revealed that the audio evidence has been sent to states interested in the case across the world.

Customer who smoked on-board Air Peace flight jailed

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

He said: "We gave the tapes. We gave them to Saudi Arabia, to the United States, German, French and British, all of them. They have listened to all the conversation in them. They know."

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng: Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!

Fasoranti: Most of these killers may not be herdsmen| Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Online view pixel