Kamaru Usman, Nigerian Nightmare, has reportedly topped the UFC 245 earners chart following his fabulous victory over Colby Covington in Las Vegas on Sunday, December 15.
The Auchi-born was on his incredibly breath-taking warrior form as he toed into the Octagon and staged a 'nightmare' presence with an awe-inspiring performance that went down as one of the best in the history of UFC.
Kamaru defeated the American UFC star through a brutal 5th round knock-out to retain his UFC welterweight belt in style at T-Mobile Arena.
And report emerging after the fight has now claimed that the 32-year-old UFC star earned a staggering half a million dollars, putting him ahead of other fighters in the division alongside his last opponent.
Kamaru and Covington raked in six-digit-- $500,000 apiece apart from $50,000 bonus from the fight, but 10 other UFC 245 fighters also earned the same digits:
Here is UFC 245 purses as cited on Sportbible:
1. Kamaru Usman: $500,000 vs Colby Covington: $500,000
2. Alexander Volkanovski: $250,000 vs Max Holloway: $350,000
3. Amanda Nunes: $450,000 vs Germaine de Randamie: $100,000
4. Marlon Moraes: $220,000 vs. Jose Aldo: $400,000
5. Petr Yan: $132,000 vs Urijah Faber: $250,000
6. Geoff Neal: $62,000 vs Mike Perry: $90,000
7. Irene Aldana: $80,000 vs Ketlen Vieira: $33,000
8. Omari Akhmedov: $110,000 vs Ian Heinisch: $25,000
9. Matt Brown: $160,000 vs Ben Saunders: $35,000
10. Chase Hooper: $48,000 vs Daniel Teymur: $18,000
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that former UFC lightweight champion, Conor McGregor, has reacted to Kamaru Usman's win over Colby Covington with a cryptic message hinting at a potential fight between him and the UFC welterweight champ.
The Irish fighter, who is set for a sensational return to the octagon at 170lbs, quickly posted on his Twitter "145. 155. 170."
Nigerians react to Anthony Joshua’s win over Ruiz, tip him to crush Wilder, Fury | Legit TV