- The general public has been warned against internet recruitment fraudsters operating across the country
- The warning was issued by the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS)
- According to the service, claims by these fraudsters that the service has released short-listed names for recruitment examination/Interview is false
The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) on Wednesday, December 4, warned the general public against activities of internet fraudsters on any form of the recruitment process for the service.
The NCS warns of recent activities of internet fraudsters using criminal ingenuity, presentation of fake platforms which appear genuine to deceive and extort unsuspecting job applicants.
A statement by the spokesperson for the service, Joseph Attah, said claims by these fraudsters that the service has released short-listed names for recruitment examination/Interview is false.
Attah said the NCS wishes to state that these recruitment websites and platforms are fake and should not be patronized.
He said: "Members of the public will recall that we denied several similar fake vacancies advertisement with a promise to properly inform the public whenever we are ready. A promise we kept by advertising the vacancies in seven (7) National newspapers."
Warning against patronising the internet fraudsters, Attah said in the case of any genuine recruitment process by the service, an official release will be a news item in all NCS programmes on TV and Radio stations.
"Accordingly, all applicants are advised to disregard any invitation for Recruitment Examination/Interview and wait patiently for the official release and invitation from the Service, please," Attah concluded.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng previously reported that a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja on Monday, November 25, prevented the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) from trying Abdullahi Inde Dikko, a former comptroller-general of Customs.
The court in its ruling said the EFCC cannot prosecute Dikko because he has an agreement with the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) as well as the director-general of the Department of State Services (DSS) that he would refund $8 million.
NAIJ.com (naija.ng) - Legit.ng. We have upgraded to serve you better.
Gas Flare Curse: 'Our men are becoming impotent' | Legit TV