EFCC arraigns navy captain Labinjo 15 months after his detention

EFCC arraigns navy captain Labinjo 15 months after his detention

- Captain Dada Labinjo of the Nigerian Navy has been arraigned before a Federal High Court in Lagos

- Labinjo was arraigned one year, three months after he was held in the custody of the Nigerian Navy

- The military officer is facing a two-count charge before Justice Muslim Hassan

A captain in the Nigerian Navy, Dada Labinjo, was on Monday, December 2, produced in court by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), a year and three months after he was detained.

The Nation reports that Captain Labinjo had been in detention in the custody of the Nigerian Navy without trial for 15 months. The report said he was detained in September 2018.

At the time of this report, Labinjo was facing arraignment on a two-count charge. The arraignment, it was learnt, is taking place before Justice Muslim Hassan of the Federal High Court, Ikoyi Lagos.

EFCC arraigns navy captain Labinjo 15 months after his detention

Captain Labinjo has been in detention for a year and three months Credit: The Nation
Source: UGC

Legit.ng earlier reported that operatives of the EFCC, Uyo zonal office, arrested 23 suspects who are believed to be operators and students of a Yahoo Academy in Akwa Ibom.

Former minister accuses Buhari-led govt of persecution, says his arrest is illegal as he writes INTERPOL

According to the statement posted on the commission's page, the suspects were arrested during a raid on Essien Essien Street, Ikot Ibiok village in Eket local government area of the state.

Meanwhile, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, governor of Kaduna state, has denied trying to stop the EFCC from probing him as widely reported in the media.

The governor's lawyer, AU Mustapha (SAN), in a statement on Saturday, November 30, clarified the judgement delivered by Justice Binta Murtala Nyako of the Federal High Court, Abuja delivered on Friday, November 29.

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Mustapha said Governor El-Rufai had in 2009 dragged the EFCC to court over the anti-graft agency's allegation that N32 billion was missing under his watch as the minister of the FCT during the administration of a former president, Olusegun Obasanjo.

Just in: Nigeria’s defence headquarters explains alleged recruitment of ex-Boko Haram fighters in military

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) - Legit.ng. We have upgraded to serve you better.

Nigerians storm National Assembly to protest social media bill | Legit TV

Source: Legit Newspaper

Mailfire view pixel