Honor V30 Pro appears to be a perfect entrant into futuristic offers as far as devices are concerned. Honor has made a step towards 5G connectivity with its V30 model. Thanks to its Kirin 990 chipset, the possibility of better connections is guaranteed.
Most people refer to this gadget as the Vera 30. If all factors are constant, the phone will allow super speeds including 2.3 GBps for downloads and uploads of up to 1.25 GBps. What is interesting is that it would also lead in terms of versatility if you were to consider the fact that it could easily move downwards to 4G, 3G and 2G networks, depending on the user's preferences. With the Honor V30 Pro launch date having been on 26th November 2019, fans have a lot to look forward to.
With Honor's president announcing that the Honor V30 Pro release date would be sometime in the 4th quarter of the year, the device is already in the market. It goes for a price of 3,899 Yuan which translates to $550 for the 8GB RAM model with 128GB ROM. The 8GB/256GB version, on the other hand, costs 4,199 Yuan, which is about $600. The non-Pro V30 goes for 3,299 Yuan or $468 for the 6GB/128GB model and 3,699 Yuan or $525 if you chose the 8GB/128GB model. However, there is no mention of whether the device will be available in other markets outside China.
Before you get down to purchasing a device, you need to be certain that you are making the right choice. One of the best ways to do this is to check the pros and cons of the device.
- It is of high build quality.
- It comes with a high-end processor as well as a graphics processor.
- It has an excellent screen to body ratio.
- It guarantees good quality photos in both natural and low lighting.
- Smooth performance is assured.
- Lacks expandable memory.
- It is heavy, weighing 206 g (7.27 oz).
- Lacks an infrared feature.
- Lacks water and dust resistance.
- Lacks a temperature sensor.
Honor V30 Pro specs
- Body: 162.7 x 75.8 x 8.8mm, 206g; Front glass, aluminum frame.
- Screen: 6.57" IPS LCD, FHD+ (1080 x 2400 px) resolution, 400ppi.
- Rear camera: 40MP wide with f/1.6 aperture, Laser Autofocus, Dual OIS, AI Ultra Clarity model; 12MP ultrawide with f/2.2 aperture, 109-degree FOV, 16:9 sensor, Laser Autofocus, Cine-lens; 8MP telephoto with f/2.4, 3x optical zoom, Laser Autofocus, OIS.
- Selfie camera: 32MP, f/2.0 aperture; 8MP, f/2.2, 105-degree FOV.
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 990 5G (7 nm+ EUV)..
- CPU: Octa-core (2x2.86 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2x2.36 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4x1.95 GHz Cortex-A55).
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP16.
- Memory: 8GB/128GB or 8GB/256GB.
- OS: Android 10.0, Magic UI 3
- Battery: 4,100mAh, 40W wired SuperCharge; 27W wireless SuperCharge; 7.5W wireless reverse charge.
- Connectivity: 5G (NSA and SA mode) Dual SIM, Dual standby; Dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), USB Type-C 2.0.
- Sensor: Side-mounted fingerprint reader
Hardware components are a crucial part of any smartphone. Here are the top Honor V30 Pro features to consider.
The phone will have a sleek appearance. It comes with a quad-camera setup and three sensors that are positioned vertically, not to mention the extra sensor on top of the LED flash. It also boasts of a V-shaped finish on its glass panel, just like its predecessor, the V20. The fingerprint sensor is on the side.
The body dimensions are 162.7 x 75.8 x 8.8 mm (6.41 x 2.98 x 0.35 in). The device weighs 206 g (7.27 oz). It is a Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by) phone.
The company chose to continue with its punch-hole display. However, unlike the predecessors, It sports a larger hole cutout for a single selfie camera. The V30 Pro has a wide, pill-shaped cutout that houses the dual selfie cameras. It resembles what is found on the Samsung Galaxy S10+.
It uses an IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 16M colours. The display size is 6.57 inches, 104.7 square centimeters and it has an 84.9% screen-to-body ratio. Its resolution is 1080 x 2400 pixels, with 20:9 ratio and a 400 ppi density.
Processor, storage & performance
The V30 Pro smartphone is powered by the Kirin 990 chipset. It runs on Android 10-based Magic UI 3.0.1. It also has a GPU Turbo and Kirin Gaming+ 2.0 which guarantees a great gaming experience.
You may want to note that it is available in two memory variants. The first one comes with 8GB RAM, 128GB ROM and the other with 8GB RAM and 256GB ROM. Both variants are priced differently.
The battery is slightly smaller than the V30 variant as the V30 Pro comes with a 4,100mAh battery. Not to worry though, since the device features support for 40W fast charging. In addition to that, it also offers support for 27W wireless fast charging. This means that all your battery needs will be taken care of adequately.
The following are note-worthy software specs you need to remember about this device.
OS & features
The device runs on Android v10 (Q) operating system. It is powered by an octa-core (2.86 GHz, Dual-core, Cortex A76 + 2.36 GHz, Dual-core, Cortex A76 + 1.95 GHz, Quad-core, Cortex A55) CPU. It also runs on the HiSilicon Kirin 990 5G chipset.
Honor V30 Pro camera, video, and image quality
Users will probably love the device because of its camera specs. The Honor V30 Pro packs excellent cameras for all your needs. On the rear, it comes with a 40-megapixel primary camera with an f/1.6 aperture. It also has a second 12-megapixel camera with an f/2.2 aperture. Its third camera, an 8-megapixel one, has an f/2.4 aperture.
That is not all. The rear camera setup sports an autofocus function. On its front, the Honor V30 Pro has a 32-megapixel primary camera that comes with an f/2.0 aperture as well as an 8-megapixel camera with an f/2.2 aperture.
Honor V30 Pro launch review
The phone has been received positively with users having nothing but great things to say about it. Here are a few of their views as captured on YouTube.
- Shinjuko Altabano: That's what I call orange... (unlike Google Pixel 4)
- Mr Forbes: I can't believe how good the Honor phones are getting just a pity about the LCD screens I have a Huawei P30 Pro and my old P20 and you can tell Oled from LCD but if Honor do a V40 with an Oled screen i will save some money and get the V40 Pro instead of the P40 Pro
- Leon Watson: The pill cut out is absolutely pointless. This double one is far too big. They should of just used a teardrop style
Honor V30 Pro price
The phone is priced based on which variant one settles for. This explains why the Honor V30 Pro variant with 8GB RAM and 128GB ROM is priced at CNY 3,899 while the one with 8GB RAM and 256GB ROM one is priced at CNY 4,199.
Honor V30 Pro latest news suggest that both the newly launched V30 and V30 Pro were available on a pre-order basis in China from December 5. It will also start shipping on the 12th of December.
Unfortunately, it is still unknown whether and when the devices will make their way out of China. This device is an excellent choice for anyone that needs to have a functional gadget within reach. At its fair price, it would be a great buy for anyone.
The Honor V30 Pro is a worthy device. If you like stable devices with reasonable battery capacity, then it would be a recommended pick. Find out if it is in local stores near you.