Huawei has launched another magnificent phone, Huawei Y9s. Some of its top features are the ultra-full view display, an advanced side-mounted fingerprint sensor, an ultra-clear camera of 48 MP, an auto selfie pop-up camera, and ample storage of 128GB plus 6GB, among other spectacular features. It also comes in two fantastic colors.
Huawei Y9s launch date was on 8th November 2019. Huawei Y9s price is approximately $230, which is roughly 78,200 Naira.
Huawei Y9s has numerous advantages and a few disadvantages. These are;
- It has a side-mounted fingerprint that makes it easy to unlock the phone.
- A great triple camera that allows to take perfect pictures and pop up selfies
- Large internal storage and can be expanded using a micro SD card
- Powerful battery hence you don’t have to keep on recharging
- The smartphone is not very cheap to purchase; therefore, you need a planned budget.
- Limited colors (The user can purchase colored phone covers)
- The device is neither waterproof nor dust resistant.
Huawei Y9s specs
The following are specification and features of the device;
- Network Technology: LTE/GSM/HSPA
- Announced: November 2019
- Release date: November 2019
- Dimensions: 163.1 x 77.2 x 8.8 mm (6.42 x 3.04 x 0.35 in)
- Device weight: 206g (7.27 oz)
- Body build: Aluminum frame, front/back glass
- SIM: Hybrid Dual Sim (dual stand-by, Nano-SIM)
- Display Type: LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Display size: 6.59 inches, 106.6cm2 (~84.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5.9 ratio (~ 391 PPI density)
- OS: Android 9.0 (pie); EMUI 9.1
- Chipset: HI silicon Kirin 710F (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4x2.2 GHz Cortex-A73&4X1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G51 MP4
- Internal memory: 128 GB 6GB RAM
- Card slot memory: microSD, up to 512 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- Triple camera: 48MP.f/1.8, (wide), 1/2.0’’, 0.8µm, PDAF
- The main camera features: LED flash. Panorama, HDR
- Main camera video: 1080p@60MP, f/2.2
- Selfie camera: Single motorized pop-up 16MP,f/2.2
- Selfie camera video: 1080p@60fps
- Audio: Loudspeaker, 3.5mm jack sound
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/h, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, with BDS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, LE
- Radio: FM radio
- USB: 2.0, TYPE-c 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors features: Accelerometer, gyro, fingerprint (side-mounted), compass, proximity
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: 10w charger
- Phone colors: Breathing Crystal and Midnight Black
- Device price: 78,200 Naira
What are the hardware features of this device?
The phone thickness is relatively okay, but the weight is a little bit heavy. Listening to music or videos from the phone is not difficult because it has well-functioning microphones. The device is made up of an aluminum frame and glass on the back and front. This material is beautiful and appealing to the eyes, and is also soft to touch and easy to carry.
The phone’s sensor abilities are spectacular. It has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor that enables you unlock it within very few seconds. This is a new spec that is different from most of the earlier released devices, which had the sensor placed either on the back or front. The mobile phone is not waterproof, so it should be handled with care.
Huawei Y9s 2019 has 77.2mm length, 8.8 mm thickness, and 163.1mm height. It has a full view display with approximately 91% screen to body ratio. This enables it to deliver an ultra-wide horizon. Colored images and videos are displayed clearly. Moreover, these aspects enable one to enjoy while reading, video playing or gaming.
Huawei Y9s colors are Midnight Black and Breathing Crystal. The polished glass on the back and front is made of 3D arc design. The glass material gives a smooth and comfortable feeling when the device is held in your hands.
If you love bright colors, you can purchase the Breathing Crystal colored device. On the other hand, if you love dull colors, you can choose the Midnight Black one. If you purchase the phone, you should handle it with care since the glass material makes it sensitive and can easily break.
Processor storage and performance
Huawei Y9s has a 4 x cortex-A73 based 2.2 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A53 based1.7 GHz n Octa-core processor. It has a HUAWEI Kirin 710F chipset. In addition, it has a large storage of 128 GB. This is adequate space to store very many personal files and data.
Moreover, it has 6 GB of RAM that ensures a smooth transition when operating multiple apps. The device can hold a micro SD card of up to 512 GB. However, the SD card is not sold as part of the package when purchasing the phone, but it can be bought separately.
The 6 GB RAM is an improvement from the previous model Huawei 99, which has 4GB RAM. This makes the new model perfect when using large apps or playing games.
The phone is equipped with a 4000 mAh battery. Huawei Y9s battery life can last up to forty hours. Moreover, you can enjoy 80 hours of music playback and nine hours of video playback. With such a device, you don’t have to carry your power bank every time.
The device charger transmits 5V 2A to the battery. If you want to charge the phone wirelessly, you can purchase a Huawei wireless charger.
Speaker and call quality
The mobile produces clear and quality audio. It has a good earpiece that ensures the user is in a position to communicate comfortably when making calls.
Here are the software features;
OS and other Huawei Y9s features
The mobile is powered by EMUI 9.1. It provides intelligent functions and simple interactive design, making it easy to use. All Huawei smartphone capacity is present in the phone. This makes the phone efficient in everyday tasks.
Moreover, it has a smart antenna technology, and whenever it is applied, the user can enjoy video playback and a strong gaming signal.
Huawei Y9s camera, video and image quality
The device has a 48 MP ultra-clear main camera. It captures crystal clear pictures. Moreover, it has a 2 MP depth and 8 MP ultra-wide-angle camera. These unique features make the phone an outstanding photography masterpiece.
The 48 MP high-resolution main lens further enhances your photos making them sharper and clearer. With the use of algorithms, you can take a perfect shots. The 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens can take 120º wide shots. It also has a 16MP selfie pop -up camera that retracts when done. This camera takes very good images as well.
The phone is purchased in a sealed box. The box contains a startup guide, charging adopter, USB cable, pair of earphones, and a SIM ejector tool.
Huawei Y9s review
The following are some reviews about the device on YouTube;
- Rameezsoch Sachwani: Excess weight duh ..
- Sumit Banerjee: Threre is no point to give TFT LCD display in today scenario..at least should go with IPS display
- Mohamed Shohagh: Amoled display is better
- Nick Johnson: good phone, but Bluetooth should be 5.0 like the Y9 2019.
Huawei Y9s is a good option for someone who wants to purchase the latest modern smartphone. It has numerous satisfying features that make it fast when gaming. Moreover, its high-quality camera enables it to take perfect pictures with the normal camera or in selfie mode.
Huawei Y9s is a fantastic release, with features and specifications that meet most needs of the present-day phone user. Its best selling points are the cameras, storage space and the side fingerprint sensor. Overall, it is a device worth buying.