Osinbajo: SSS reportedly withdraws access tags from ‘sacked’ aides

Osinbajo: SSS reportedly withdraws access tags from ‘sacked’ aides

- Access tags have been withdrawn from sacked Osinbajo's aides

- The aides were sacked in controversial circumstances recently

- According to report, some of the aides have been blacklisted from future access to the presidency

Following the controversial sack of about 35 aides of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, the State Security Service (SSS) has withdrawn access tags of the aides..

Premium Times reports that the SSS started withdrawing passes from the aides on November 21.

It was also reported that they even went further to blacklist some of them from future access into the presidential villa.

When President Muhammadu Buhari returned from his private stay in London earlier this month, one of his first actions was to speak about the sack of the aides working with Osinbajo.

The president said the action was part of re-organisation “aimed at enhancing service delivery to Nigerians”.

Recall that Legit.ng had reported that the presidency on Friday, November 8, confirmed the sacking of some aides attached to the office of Osinbajo.

PDP loses in Ekiti as 7 LG chairmen, 42 councillors defect to APC

Garba Shehu, the senior special assistant to the president on media and publicity in a statement obtained by Legit.ng said the exercise which was ordered by Buhari was done to streamline decision-making, cut down multiple authorities and reduce the cost of administration.

He said there is an on-going downsizing in the presidency in which a number of political appointments have either been revoked or not renewed in the second term of the administration.

Shehu explained that the downsizing was being carried out to save taxpayer money and deliver the needed service to the public.

Also recall that before this, Laolu Akande, the spokesman of Osinbajo called on the public to ignore a list circulating in the media which alleged that some presidential aides were sacked.

Akande in a tweet on Thursday, 7 November, discredited the said:

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Our judicial process needs review - Group reacts to Orji Kalu, others trial

“…A list circulating in the media on d so-called sacked presidential aides is not genuine and ought to be ignored,” he tweeted.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) - Legit.ng. We have upgraded to serve you better.

Who is a better Vice President, Osinbajo or Obi? | Legit TV

Source: Legit.ng

Mailfire view pixel