Boko Haram: Army reveals how combined troops dealt with terrorists in Borno

Boko Haram: Army reveals how combined troops dealt with terrorists in Borno

- Combined troops have recorded another victory over terrorists in Borno state

- The troops chased out some members of ISWAP group at Duguru area of Borno on Thursday, November 28

- Al-Aminu Iliyasu, the Army operation media coordinator, said the troops successfully defeated the insurgents

The Nigerian Army has said that combined troops of Sector 3 Operation Lafiya Dole and Sector 2 of the multinational joint task force (Chadian forces) led by commander sector 3 Operation Lafiya Dole on Thursday, November 28, dealt a serious blow on the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) terrorists at Duguru Island in the extreme northern Borno area.

Legit.ng reports that a statement issued by the Army operation media coordinator, Colonel Al-Aminu Iliyasu, on Friday, November 29, indicated that the resilient troops, supported by the air task force Operation Lafiya Dole, cleared Njarwa and Duguru villages and made contact with the criminals who were hibernating in the area.

Over 500 Boko Haram insurgents surrender - Nigerian Army (photos)

The statement noted that the troops, having successfully cleared both villages, took up a harbour position at which remnants of the criminal ISWAP terrorists decided to cowardly attack them from their rear.

Colonel Iliyasu said the dogged troops immediately responded with superior firepower, outmanoeuvred the criminal insurgents and handed them a well-deserved defeat in the process.

He said the Boko Haram criminals who were mounted in 4 gun trucks with the intention of overrunning the troops' harbour position from the rear, adding that in the aftermath of the fierce firefight that ensued, the gallant troops succeeded in neutralizing 13 of the ISWAP criminals.

The Army also noted the troops captured 3 gun trucks, 3 anti-aircraft guns, 12 AK 47 rifles, 3 Bandoliers of anti-aircraft guns and 270 rounds of 7.62 mm special ammunition among other critical assets.

"Unfortunately, 4 of our highly courageous troops were wounded during the encounter. Fortunately, 2 of the wounded soldiers have already stabilized in a nearby military medical facility while the other 2 are awaiting air evacuation for further medical management.

Police make stunning revelation, says Ekiti bank workers connived with robbers, stole from vault

"The theatre commander Operation Lafiya Dole, Major General Olusegun Adeniyi, on behalf of the Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Yusufu Buratai, commends the troops for their gallantry and professionalism in the face of very daunting weather and terrain conditions," he said.

He also extended his appreciation to the force commander of the multinational joint task force for the wonderful collaboration and support demonstrated by his troops so far, urging the troops to keep the pressure on the criminal Boko Haram elements until they are totally wiped out.

PAY ATTENTION: Get the Latest Nigerian News Anywhere 24/7. Spend less on the Internet!

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that the Nigerian Army said that Boko Haram and ISWAP terrorists were being subdued due to the efforts of troops in the Operation Lafiya Dole.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng Same great journalism, upgraded for better service!

Nigerian soldiers complete repair on road leading to terrorists' hideout

Can Nigerian Soldiers really not deal with Boko Haram fighters?| - on Legit TV

Source: Legit Nigeria

Online view pixel