If you are looking for a cheap and decent mid-range smartphone, then you should probably consider buying the Wiko Sunny 3. The device is part of Wiko Mobile's Sunny series. The French-based company is known to produce some of the most affordable smartphones in the market, including Wiko Sunny and Wiko Sunny 3 Mini.
It is crucial to know key Wiko Sunny 3 details like its specifications, features, and its price before deciding to buy it. The device runs on Android 8.0 Oreo (Go edition), but comes with a low battery capacity compared to other mid-range handsets.
Wiko Sunny 3 overview
Here are the pros and cons of using the smartphone;
- The phone is light.
- It has a large display, which means text and images appear bright on the screen.
- The screen does not look very good.
- It has a low-grade CPU, which is likely to slow down some of your operations.
- The camera quality of the smartphone is low and not suitable for taking quality photos and videos.
Wiko Sunny 3 specs
Take a look at the smartphone's specifications and find out whether it meets your phone demands.
- OS: Android 8.0 Oreo (Go edition)
- CPU: Quad-core Spreadtrum SC9850, 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7
- GPU: Mali-T820 MP1
- Dimensions: 146.7 mm x 74 mm x 9.95 mm
- Weight: 140g
- Size: 5.0 inches, 68.9 cm2 (~63.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 480 x 854 pixels, 16:9 ratio (196 PPI density)
- RAM: 512MB
- ROM: 8GB
- External storage: MicroSD up to 64GB
- Rear camera: 5MP
- Front camera: 2MP
- Battery: 2, 000mAh removable Li-ion battery
- USB: MicroUSB 2.0
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity, ambient light
- Bluetooth: 4.0, A2DP, LE
- Colors: Anthracite, Gold, Silver, Bleen, Cherry Red
On the hardware front, Wiko Sunny 3 comes with unique features that set it apart from other handsets in the market.
The smartphone has large bezels on the top and bottom of the screen. The top bezel has a pin-hole camera and speaker, while the bottom has navigation buttons off-screen. It also comes with a removable plastic back cover.
The rear camera and flash are arranged horizontally, while the company's name is branded slightly below the camera. The screen measures 5-inches in length, while the handset measures 146.7 mm x 74 mm x 9.95 mm and weighs 140g.
The device comes with a low resolution of 480 x 854 pixels. The pixel density of the phone is 196 PPI, while its screen/size ratio is 63%. It is also available in five vibrant colors, namely Anthracite, Gold, Silver, Bleen, and Cherry Red.
Processor, performance, and storage
The device runs on the quad-core Spreadtrum SC9850 processor, which has low power consumption and only supports basic operations. It uses the Mali-T820 MP1 GPU and has a refresh rate of 1.3 GHz.
When it comes to storage, users will have to settle for a small RAM of 512MB and a ROM of 8GB. The good news is that you can expand the memory using a microSD card, but only up to 64GB.
Wiko Sunny 3 battery
The handset comes with a removable Li-Ion battery of 2, 000mAh, which is suitable for light usage, but it is still not among the best in the market.
Speaker and audio quality
The device has good speakers for entertainment, and users can also listen to songs or watch movies by plugging in headphones into the 3.5mm headphone jack.
Here is a look at the phone's software features;
What is the Wiko Sunny 3 Android version? The smartphone operates on the Go edition of Android 8.1 Oreo, which is lighter than other OS versions and takes less storage. It is suitable for use in budget phones with 512MB RAM or 1GB RAM.
Wiko Sunny 3 camera
In terms of camera, the handset is not the best for taking quality photos and videos. It has a 5MP rear camera with a customary flash and 2MP for selfie needs. The camera also comes with features like digital zoom, exposure compensation, ISO settings, panorama, and white balance settings for customization.
Wiko Sunny 3 price
Wiko Sunny 3 review
Here is a look at some of the comments about the handset on YouTube.
- Novi Fb: It's preety speed on WiFi Android Opening apps.
- Joost Kamphuis: Seems to get slower yes. With a Wi-Fi connection I dont have any troubles with it, but at work I do, but I blamed it on the provider which costs 1 euro per month...so what to expect.
- Кирилл С: I'm not sure guys if you really used this phone but that is not even close to 4 cores, 8Gb ram and 5Mp.In fact it's slowest phone I ever used in my life. I have to wait about 1 min just to see keyboard. Are you kidding me. this is a piece of junk. My SIEMENS in 2003 with 1.3Mp did much better pics then that phone
If you want a phone with more storage capacity, powerful processor, and lenses, then you can consider buying the Samsung Galaxy A2 Core, which is also relatively cheap and runs on a more powerful OS, Android 9.0 Pie (Go Edition).
What do you think about the Wiko Sunny 3? What are some of the things you like about the handset?