UEFA ultimate all time XI list has been released and as expected, Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo and Barcelona talisman Lionel Messi comfortably booked their places.
Messi helped Barcelona to record-breaking La Liga glory while Ronaldo was instrumental to Juventus's domestic double which included Serie A trophy under Massimiliano Allegri.
The duo have earlier been announced in the 30-man list for the 2019 edition of the World XI on Tuesday having been adjudged best in their position for a whole year.
The ultimate all time XI list, which was reeled out by UEFA, has current and retired footballers in the two leading top tiers in Europe apart from the Argentine and Portuguese ace.
According to UEFA, Ronaldo has incredibly held his spot in the list for the record of 15 times more above any other player in the game.
The Juve star has been getting impressive mentions since making his appearance in 2007.
The team, which was lined-up on a popular 4-3-3 formation, also have Messi secure his spot this year, marking his 10th appearances in the list.
Meanwhile, Legit.ng highlights UEFA's all-time XI as cited on SportBible.
The former Real Madrid and Spain star has made six appearances: 2007, '08, '09, '10, '11 and '12.
1. Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid and Spain): eight appearances (2008, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17 and '18)
2. Gerard Pique (Barcelona and Spain): five appearances (2010, '11, '12, '15 and '16)
3. Carles Puyol (Barcelona and Spain): six appearances (2002, '05, '06, '08, '09 and '10)
4. Philipp Lahm (Bayern Munich and Germany): five appearances (2006, '08, '12, '13 and '14)
1. Steven Gerrard (Liverpool and England): three appearances (2005, '06 and '07)
2. Xavi (Barcelona and Spain): five appearances (2008, '09, '10, '11 and '12)
3. Andres Iniesta (Barcelona and Spain): six appearances (2009, '10, '11, '12, '15 and '16)
1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United/Real Madrid/Juventus and Portugal): 13 appearances (2004, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17 and '18)
2. Lionel Messi (Barcelona and Argentina): 10 appearances (2008, '09, '10, '11, '12, '14, '15, '16, '17 and '18)
3. Thierry Henry (Arsenal and France): five appearances (2001, '02, '03, '04 and '06)
PAY ATTENTION: Install Pitch Football App for FREE to get the latest football News & Scores
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had reported that Alex Ferguson, former Manchester United manager, has named the difference between Cristiano Ronaldo and his long rival Lionel Messi, thus contributing to the greatest-of all-time debate.
The legendary coach was asked what makes the Portuguese superstar a delightful watch than his Barcelona rival.
Abu Azeez: Meet the only Nigerian rated among top 50 beach soccer players worldwide | Legit TV