- Cristiano Ronaldo is set to finish outside the top 15 highest goalscorers in the year 2019
- The 34-year-old has scored just 18 goals in 33 games in the year under review
- Robert Lewandowski tops the chart with 45 goals in 42 appearances this year
Cristiano Ronaldo is definitely facing one of his most difficult periods in professional football at Juventus after missing out of the top 15 highest goalscorers for the outgoing year 2019.
The Portugal international has managed to score just 18 goals after 33 appearances across competitions in the year under review as reported by Sport Bible.
His last goal for the Old Lady came in their 2-1 win over Genoa on October 30 after converting a late penalty to hand them maximum points at the end of the game.
But in spite of his goal drought in top European games this year, the five-time Ballon d'Or winner still won the maiden edition of the UEFA Europa League and the Italian League titles.
READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng
Meanwhile, Bayern Munich prolific striker Robert Lewandowski tops the chart of the player with the most goals in the outgoing year.
The Polish striker took his goals tally to 45 after 42 games in all competitions - which includes the four goals he scored against in Tuesday's Champions League victory over Red Star Belgrade.
And his conversion rate might help him win the European golden boot when the season wraps up next May.
Barcelona captain Lionel Messi ranks second on the table with 39 goals after 42 matches - six goals shy of Lewandowski who is in red-hot form at the moment.
The Argentine inspired the Catalans to 3-1 win over Borussia Dortmund in their Champions League encounter at the Camp Nou on Wednesday night.
He has now scored ten goals and five assists in 13 matches for the La Liga defending champions despite starting the season late due to injury.
Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema completes the top three players with the most goals in the year under review.
The Frenchman netted twice against Paris Saint Germain earlier this week but his goals were not enough to earn Los Blancos a win as the visitors scored two late goals to end the game in a draw.
Benzema has 33 goals in 44 matches so far this year, while Kylian Mbappe and Sergio Aguero finish fourth and fifth on the log.
PAY ATTENTION: Install Pitch Football App for FREE to get the latest football News & Scores
Mbappe has to his credit 32 goals in 35 games while the Manchester City man boasts of 39 goals in 38 matches across competitions.
Below are the top 15 players with the most goals in the outgoing year.
- Robert Lewandowski - 45 goals in 42 games
- Lionel Messi - 39 goals in 42 games
- Karim Benzema - 33 goals in 44 games
- Kylian Mbappe - 32 goals in 35 games
- Sergio Aguero - 29 goals in 38 games
- Raheem Sterling - 27 goals in 42 games
- Sadio Mane - 27 goals in 42 games
- Ciro Immobile - 25 goals in 39 games
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - 25 goals in 41 games
- Wissam Ben Yedder - 25 goals in 41 games
- Jamie Vardy - 24 goals in 31 games
- Moussa Dembele - 24 goals in 44 games
- Duvan Zapata - 23 goals in 32 games
- Luis Suarez - 23 goals in 42 games
- Timo Werner - 22 goals in 34 games
Legit.ng earlier reported that Robert Lewandowski scored four of Bayern Munich's 6-0 win over Red Star Belgrade in their Champions League clash earlier this week.
The Polish striker grabbed his first through a penalty in the 57th minute and went further to score the remaining in the 60th, 64th and 67th minutes respectively.
Bayern have however qualified for the next stage of the competition having won all five group games, and their sixth will be inconsequential.
Can Nigeria U17 team win a 6th World Cup title in Brazil? | Legit TV