- Joao Felix emerges 2019 Golden Boy winner among 18 other contingents
- Dortmund's Jadon Sancho and Leverkusen's Kai Havertz finished in second and third positions respectively
- Scoring sensation Erling Haaland settled for fourth while Matthijs de Ligt completes the top five
Joao Felix has been crowned the 2019 Golden Boy, beating Borussia Dortmund's Jadon Sancho to second place followed by Bayer Leverkusen's Kai Havertz.
The Atletico Madrid striker had his breakthrough with Benfica last season, scoring 18 goals including a Europa League quarter-final hat-trick against Frankfurt.
The 20-year-old made a summer move to Wanda Metropolitano in a whopping fee of £113million.
READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng
Felix said: "Thanks to Tuttosport for the Golden Boy Award 2019, I am very proud.
"It is the second time that a player from Atletico Madrid has won this award and I am happy.
"Thanks also to Benfica, in particular to coach Bruno Lage for all he has done for me and my family that is always close to me."
Red hot Salzburg striker Erling Haaland came fourth while Juventus defender Matthijs de Ligt settled for fifth position.
Man City's Phil Foden came seventh, while Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount was 11th, and Arsenal's Matteo Guendouzi was in 17th position.
Felix will be presented the award at a Gala evening in front of over 200 guests seated on December 16.
The youngster became the hottest property in Europe and made his way into Portugal's national team, helping them to win the Nations League in 2018.
Felix scored three goals in 13 appearances for Atletico, and follows in the footsteps of Sergio Aguero to win the Golden Boy whilst at the club.
Here is a full list of the top 18 youngsters
1. Joao Felix, Portugal, Atletico Madrid
2. Jadon Sancho , England, Borussia Dortmund
3. Kai Havertz, Germany, Bayer Leverkusen
4. Erling Haaland, Norway, Red Bull Salzburg
5. Matthijs de Ligt, Netherlands, Juventus
6. Ansu Fati, Spain / Guinea B., Barcelona
7. Phil Foden, England, Manchester City
8. Gianluigi Donnarumma, Italy, AC Milan
9. Nicolo Zaniolo, Italy, Roma
10. Donyell Malen, Holland, PSV Eindhoven
11. Mason Mount, England, Chelsea
12. Rodrygo, Brazil, Real Madrid
13. Vinicius Jr, Brazil, Real Madrid
14. Moise Kean, Italy, Everton
15. Andriy Lunin, Ukraine, Real Valladolid
16. Dejan Joveljic, Serbia, Eintracht Frankfurt
17. Matteo Guendouzi, France / Morocco, Arsenal
18. Alphonso Davies, Canada / Liberia, Bayern Munich
PAY ATTENTION: Install Pitch Football App for FREE to get the latest football News & Scores
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported Robert Lewandowski's thirst for goals this season has been something worthy of note as the Bayern Munich striker looks unstoppable this campaign.
The Poland international was on song when Bayern demolished Red Star Belgrade by 6-0 with Lewandowski scoring four of the goals in the match.
Can Nigeria U17 team win a 6th World Cup title in Brazil? | Legit TV