- Cristiano Ronaldo featured for Juventus in their 1-0 win over Atletico Madrid
- Paulo Dybala scored the only goal that separated the two sides at the end of the meeting
- Ronaldo after the match became the only outfield player with the most appearances in the Champions League
- The 34-year-old needs less than 15 matches to beat Spain legend Iker Casillas record
Cristiano Ronaldo fired blanks in Juventus' 1-0 win over Atletico Madrid in Tuesday's UEFA Champions League clash at the Allianz Stadium.
Argentine superstar, Paulo Dybala, who was almost sold during last summer window scored the only goal from an impossible angle to hand the Old Lady the victory after regulation period.
The 34-year-old has not scored a goal for the Italian League giants since his late minute penalty in their 2-1 win over Genoa on October 30.
However, the Portuguese edged closer to becoming the player with the most appearances in the history of UEFA Champions League after making his 175th appearance.
His former teammate Iker Casillas currently sits at the summit of the chart with the most games, having played 188 games for Real Madrid and FC Porto.
Ronaldo now needs just 13 more matches to equal the record - while 14 games will see him overtake the Spaniard as the player with the most appeared played in the UCL.
Meanwhile, the former Manchester United currently holds the record for the most outfield player in the same competitions.
READ ALSO: NAIJ.com upgrades to Legit.ng
While Xavi Hernández (Barcelona), Raúl González (Real Madrid and Schalke) and Ryan Giggs (Manchester United) completed the top five stars on the chart.
- 188: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid, Porto)
- 175: Cristiano Ronaldo (Sporting CP, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Juventus) according to an online news outlet Express UK.
Ronaldo has scored just once in five Champions League appearances this campaign and his chances of clinching the top scorer at the end of the tournament.
Legit.ng earlier reported that video of Juventus superstar Cristiano Ronaldo has emerged on social media seriously disapproving being nutmegged in training.
There is no question the 34-year old has the mentality of a serial winner, but sometimes it comes to bite him back, especially in light situations.
Ronaldo is back in training as Juventus prepare to take on Atletico Madrid in the Champions League on Tuesday, November 26.
Can Nigeria U17 team win a 6th World Cup title in Brazil? | Legit TV