The Wiko View Max is a beautiful smartphone that comes at a budget-friendly cost and that has a large screen. It runs on Android 8.1 OS. Furthermore, it offers a large battery and storage capacity, suitable for managing daily tasks. Discover the Wiko View Max spec list that will leave you impressed!
The Wiko brand announced the release of its new device in March 2018. It has been in the market for a while now, and many users have positive experiences using it. Wiko View Max price is £158,79 (N73,862), and it is available in the market.
Wiko View Max overview
Based on the specs of the phone, we have determined the key pros and cons of the handset.
- It comes with a big display
- The phone is budget-friendly
- It runs on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Lots of storage
- It has 4,000mAh battery capacity that is enough for two days of usage
- No VoLTE
- No infrared
- It is not waterproof
- It does not have body protection
- No wireless charging support
Wiko View Max specifications
This smartphone's specs and features are;
- Release date: March 2018
- Screen size: 5.99-inches
- Screen type: IPS LCD
- Screen resolution: 720 x 1440 pixels
- Weight: 158 grams (with battery)
- Wiko View Max Android version: 8.0 Oreo
- Chipset: MediaTek MT 6739W
- Main camera: 13 MP
- Selfie camera: 8 MP
- Processor: Quad-Core 1.3Ghz Cortex-A53
- Memory: 3 GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB (expandable to 128 GB)
- 4G LTE: Yes
- Wiko View Max accessories: AC adapter, headset, micro-USB cable
- Colours: Gold, Anthracite
- Bonus features: Fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, compass, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light, Face unlock feature
- Wiko View Max price: £158,79 (N73,862)
What are the hardware features of the smartphone?
The smartphone comes in Gold and Anthracite colours. It has a width of 75.8 mm. Its length is 157.8 mm. The thickness of the handset is 7.9 mm. The weight of the phone is 158 grams (with battery). It is easy to hold and operate with one hand. At the top of the rear side of the device, there is a cylindrical shaped camera module with a flash.
On the rear side of the phone, you can also find a fingerprint sensor, ensuring the privacy and safety of the personal data of the owner. The 3.5 mm jack sits at the top of the phone, while a micro USB port enjoys a convenient location at the bottom of the gadget.
Wiko View Max display
The Wiko View Max makes use of the IPS LCD technology. It provides more natural images when you enjoy movies, video games, and pictures. The display of the phone has a resolution of 720 x 1440 pixels and comes with an aspect ratio of 78%.
Processor, storage & performance
The phone comes with a quad-core MediaTek MT 6739 chipset, based on the Cortex-A53 architecture. It features a better LCE modem, providing support for dual 4G VoLTE connectivity.
Regarding the storage, the Wiko View Max offers 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of inbuilt memory (with a possibility of an expansion via a microSD card). This memory is relatively adequate for most smartphone users who do not run very many large files and applications.
This type of CPU is also suitable for running simple applications and 3D games. It does not heat up when playing games.
Wiko View Max battery life
The device comes with a non-removable Lithium-Polymer battery. It has a capacity of 4,000mAh.
Speaker & call quality
The phone features a speaker on the rear side and uses active noise cancellation with a dedicated microphone. It ensures that the speech clear and reduces the noise in the background.
What about the software of the handset?
OS & features
The Wiko View Max is a dual SIM device. It supports two Nano-SIM cards. The connectivity options on the handset include:
- Bluetooth 4.2
- Wi-Fi (Direct/Hotspot)
- USB OTG
Wiko View Max camera, video, and image quality
The handset comes with two cameras;
- The 13 MP rear camera (f/2.0)
- The 8 MP front camera
The cameras take good pictures only in well-lit conditions. The user can enjoy moderate-quality panoramic pictures and selfies. The professional mode offers a range of features to improve the quality of photos. These include;
- Continuous shooting
- Digital zoom
- Exposure compensation
- Face detection
- ISO settings
- Scene mode
- Touch focus
- CMOS sensor
The smartphone supports the following video formats: 3GP, M4V, H.264, MKV, DivX, AVI, XVID, WMV, FLV, MP4, and H.265. The videos made using the gadget have a resolution of 1080p x 30fps.
Wiko View Max review
Like any other device, the Wiko View Max received different user reviews. Here is what people say about the device on GSM Arena;
- Adul Al Salami Kebab: This thing is like a better version of the my|phone myX8! O3O
Here is the users’ opinion about the gadget on YouTube;
- Meong Budi: It's good, a cellphone with an 18: 9 screen that can penetrate at entry level
- Peter Suapa: Beautiful shape, beautiful clear screen Okay camera But slow and slow
- Ton Pun: Design is beautiful like this, the battery is durable, the price is also beautiful
The Wiko View Max is a budget-friendly device with an appropriate hardware configuration. It is the right choice for users who need a gadget that can handle most of the day to day tasks without stuttering.
If you are seeking a smartphone with a large display at a low cost, the Wiko View Max might be a suitable device for you. It is a pocket-friendly device that offers relatively good features for its price.