SGF’s office denies sack of 35 aides of VP Osinbajo

SGF’s office denies sack of 35 aides of VP Osinbajo

- There is an official denial concerning claims that 35 aides of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo have been sacked

- The office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF) says nothing like that happened

- Willie Bassey, director of press in the office, says he is not aware of such sack of the vice president's aides

Recent reports that at least 35 aides to Nigeria's vice president, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, have been sacked may not be true after all as an official reaction has been released.

The reaction, a denial, came from the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF).

Vanguard reports that the office said, through its director of press, Willie Bassey, that such action did not take place.

Bassey said he was not aware of any sack of the vice president's aides as had been reported.

“I am not aware. People have been calling me to ask. Nobody has informed me of any such development," the director said.

Legit.ng had earlier quoted reports as noting that President Muhammadu Buhari recently approved the sack of at least 35 out of over 80 aides in the office of the vice president.

According to one of the reports, the affected aides, who were issued appointment letters in August 2019, included some senior special assistants, special assistants, personal assistants and technical assistants.

Meanwhile, despite insinuations of being made irrelevant in the presidency, Osinbajo, on Wednesday, November 6, presided over the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting.

The FEC meeting which was held as usual in the Presidential Villa in Abuja, is the second one that Osinbajo is presiding over since President Muhammadu Buhari travelled out of the country.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) - Legit.ng. We have upgraded to serve you better.

Why federal govt ordered NCC to reduce cost of data | Legit TV

Source: Legit

Mailfire view pixel