Samsung Galaxy J6+ is perhaps one of the most beautiful smartphones you will ever come across. The evergreen notch-free screen with bezels and the glossy back made of polycarbonate grants the device the aesthetics it deserves. Keep reading to discover more Samsung Galaxy J6+ details.
Samsung Galaxy J6+ comes with an amazingly large screen that will keep you glued to it as you enjoy watching videos and playing games. Interestingly, the phone provides a 3 or 4 GB RAM that is suitable for multitasking. It is readily available on the market. Samsung Galaxy J6+ price in Nigeria is about 64,704 Naira.
Samsung Galaxy overview
Discover the advantages and disadvantages of this particular gadget.
- It provides 3 or 4 GB RAM.
- It records 1080p videos @30fps
- It supports face recognition and has a fingerprint sensor
- It has a large screen display
- It is available in awesome colors: Black, Gray, Red, Blue
- The phone does not support fast charging
- Feeble chipset
Samsung Galaxy J6+ specs
Here are some of the amazing specifications of the Samsung Galaxy J6+:
- Release date: October 2018
- Screen size: 6.0 inches, 91.4 square cm (~73.6% screen to body ratio)
- Screen type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16 million colors
- Screen resolution: 720 x 1480 pixels
- Operating system: Android v8.0 (Oreo), upgradable to v9.0 (Pie); One UI
- Memory: 32GB ROM 3GB RAM, 64GB ROM 4GB RAM
- Expandable memory: MicroSD card up to 1TB
- Rear camera: Dual, 13 + 5 megapixels; features: LED flash, HDR, panorama; video: 1080p@30fps
- Front camera: Single, 8 megapixels; features: LED flash; video" 1080p@30fps
- Pixel density: 274 PPI
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery
- CPU specs: Quad-core 1.4GHz Cortex-A53
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8917 Snapdragon 425 (28 nm)
- GPU: Adreno 308
- Dimensions: 161.4 x 76.9 x 7.9 mm (6.35 x 3.03 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 178g (6.28 oz)
- SIM card: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- USB: MicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Bluetooth connectivity: 4.2, A2DP, LE
- Network technology: GSM, HSPA, LTE
- Sensors: Fingerprint, accelerometer, proximity, gyroscope, compass
- Available colors: Black, Gray, Red, Blue
- Models: SM-J610FN/DS, SM-J610G, SM-J610G/DS, SM-J610G/DS 64GB
Here are some of the hardware features of Samsung Galaxy J6+
Samsung seems to have relied on design as a differentiating factor for this particular device. The phone has a glossy back panel made of polycarbonate. The dual rear camera is in the middle part. The company sticks to the evergreen notch-free screen with bezels on all sides.
The power key and mono loudspeaker are on the right edge. On the other hand, the left side of the frame has a separate microSD card slot, dual SIM trays, and volume keys.
The device weighs 178 grams and has dimensions of 161.4 mm x 76.9 mm x 7.9 mm. Despite the weight and size, the phone offers a decent grip and is manageable.
Additionally, it has a Dragontrail glass protector which keeps the screen away from scratches.
As much as the screen resolution is the same when compared to the previous Samsung Galaxy J6, the phone manufacturing company has increased the display size to 6.0 inches, which is suitable for games and watching movies.
The device comes with Widevine L1 support which is a pre-requisite for HD streaming on apps such as Amazon Prime and Netflix.
The screen has 16 million bright colors, and the contrast is pretty high. It has a light sensor and auto-brightness works fine.
The Samsung Galaxy J6+ battery is non-removable and of 3300 mAh capacity. On a full charge, this is a battery that can last for a full day or more. Unfortunately, it does not support fast charging.
Speaker and call quality
It has a mono speaker which is one of the best. Calls are also pretty clear.
Samsung ships this particular gadget with amazing software features. Here is the software information of this smartphone.
Operating system and features
The device runs on Android version 8.0 (Oreo). On the phone, you will enjoy numerous animations and intuitive features. The Android version is upgradable to 9.0 (Pie). However, there is not sufficient information on when the version can be upgraded to Samsung Galaxy J6+ Android 10.
The use of Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 chipset to power this device is a step-down. This is so because it experiences stuttering when running apps such as browsers. On the lowest setting, Adreno 308 GPU manages to support casual games like Subway Surfers.
The operating system supports fingerprint and face recognition sensors, thus enhancing the security of the files in the gadget and the phone in general.
Samsung Galaxy J6+ camera, video and image quality
The Samsung Galaxy 6+ camera is outstanding. It has a dual rear camera of 13 + 5 megapixels with f/2.2 and f/1.9 apertures respectively. On the other hand, the front or selfie camera is 8 megapixels with f/1.9. They both have an LED flash and have a video resolution of 1080@30fps.
Network and connectivity
The smartphone supports GSM, HSPA, and LTE network technology. It also has a microUSB 2.0 port which is used to connect the device to computers and doubles up as a charger. It has an SD card slot that can expand the storage space of the phone to as high as 1TB.
Samsung Galaxy J6+ price
With all these fantastic features and specifications, what do you think the gadget is worth? According to Jumia, the price ranges between 59,500 Naira and 70,000 Naira. The phone is readily available, and you can purchase it through the online store anytime.
Samsung Galaxy J6+ reviews
Below are some of the reviews and comments about the phone obtained from gsmarena.com:
- Jacques: I really like the design and the specs (somehow), and I am planning to buy one new month. But the only thing that holds me back is that I am not sure of playing Mobile Legends which will be great on this phone.
- Anonymous: I had this phone for literally eight months now, it's good in everything, sometimes feels like an S3 in 2019, but in terms of quality, it's a solid piece of metal, but it has a weak processor for gaming.
The phone is meant for buyers who value the brand and its excellent customer services. The aesthetics are there to ensure that the smartphone commands attentions from potential buyers on the market. Although it has outstanding features, the old chipset is a let-down for this device. If you are the kind of customer who does not value design or brand name, then you are better off with Nokia 6.1 or Realme 2 Pro because they are within the same price range.
Samsung is making an effort to regain its number one support in the market across the globe. It faces stiff completion from young brands such as Infinix, Oppo and Viva. Nonetheless, the phone manufacturer has maintained excellent quality and Samsung Galaxy J6+ is a clear proof of this.