Samsung Galaxy J7 is a reliable phone, and a lot of people are proud owners of this gadget. What makes it different from other phones in its price range? Perhaps, learning all of the Samsung Galaxy J7 details will help you determine whether this device is for you.
This phone's initial release took place in 2015, though it was eventually re-released in 2017 and 2018. Samsung Galaxy J7 price in Nigeria is N77,000. This price is equal to about $213. You can buy this gadget online on Jumia.
Samsung Galaxy J7 overview
Just like multiple other devices, this one has some strong and weak sides. You can take a look at them and see which ones are prevalent.
- Good battery life
- Has Samsung Pay in selected countries
- Powerful processor
- Super AMOLED screen
- Outdated Android version
- A poor camera as compared to those currently in the market
- No Fast Charge or Quick Charge
- No 4K video resolution
- No glass protection
- Slightly heavy (171 g)
Samsung Galaxy J7 specs
Some of the most important specifications of this phone will help you decide whether this is the right device for you.
- Screen size: 5.5 inches, 83.4 cm2 (~69.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Screen resolution: 720 x 1280 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~267 ppi density)
- Weight: 171g (6.03 oz)
- OS: Android 5.1 (Lollipop), upgradable to 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Rear camera: 13 MP, f/1.9, 28mm (wide), AF
- Front camera: 5 MP, f/2.2, 23mm (wide)
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615 (28 nm)
- 4G LTE: Yes
Samsung Galaxy J7 hardware
The device is made of plastic and overall has a modest design. It has three colour options: White, Black, and Gold. J7 is often known as a bigger variation of its J3 predecessor. It comes with some basic Samsung Galaxy J7 accessories, such as a charger and headphones.
This phone has a Super AMOLED touch screen, which portrays all the colors in an HD resolution. This is a key plus for those who enjoy watching videos.
This model has a Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615 chipset. It is a stable version that works smoothly, so the phone will run well on the octa-core processor.
The device has 16GB of ROM and 1.5GB of RAM, so you probably will not be able to store a lot of data there. However, it has a card slot for expandable memory, where you can insert a microSD of up to 256 GB.
The Samsung Galaxy J7 battery is a removable Li-Ion battery of 3000 mAh. This is considered to be quite decent as it offers you up to 18 hours of 3G talk time and 76 hours of playing music.
The gadget has a loudspeaker that gives good audio quality. There is also a 3.5 mm jack for those who are used to wired headphones.
Samsung Galaxy J7 software
OC and features
This phone originally comes with Android 5.1 (Lollipop) OS. However, it is possible to upgrade to Samsung Galaxy J7 Android version 7.1.1 (Nougat). The device has a few important sensors, such as proximity and accelerometer.
Camera, video, and image quality
Both the main and the selfie cameras are single. The main camera is of 13 MP and features an LED flash and panorama. It can take videos of 1080p quality at 30fps speed. As for the 5 MP selfie camera, it has a LED flash.
The camera performance is not considered very strong compared to more expensive phones, but it can still take decent shots in good lighting conditions.
Samsung Galaxy J7 review
Most YouTube reviews about this device are favourable. People appreciate its fast processor, fair memory capacity and the memory card slot. Many users are saying that they are still using this gadget in 2019, and it works very smoothly even after a few years.
- Downtime with DD: 2019 and my Samsung J7 still working perfectly
- Banana Gun: I bought the gold j7. It's amazing!!!!
- spacephase98: Just got this phone. Feels pretty good so far.
- ENGR. INNERCIRCLE: I got this phone from early 2016, and i still have it running pretty much fast
- Jan Newcomb-Ellington: I have one and love using it! Easy to maneuver and also I can hear when talking to someone. Switched from iPhone and very glad I did!!
- Aripa Marietta: The Samsung Galaxy J7 is the best that I have found so far, ranging from iOS to Android in my searches, the J7 has the most memory capacity, and octa-core is very fast, dual SIM means two lines, capable of extra memory card, a great phone, I recommend it to everyone
There aren't a lot of problems with Samsung Galaxy J7, according to its users. The device is durable, meaning that it will serve you well for a couple of years. It is a nice purchase for its price in general. Whether you decide to buy it or not also depends on how important camera quality is for you. If you want a better one, you can search for other devices at a similar price.
In comparison to Samsung Galaxy S7, it would be a nice buy because it has a lot of similar specifications but is much cheaper. It is also a better purchase than J3, as the majority of its specifications are more advanced.
Samsung Galaxy J7 is a reliable phone, and the user reviews only confirm its good reputation. It is a nice gadget if you are aiming for the budget-friendly category.