Fear grips Ondo residents over alleged plan by Boko Haram to attack banks

Fear grips Ondo residents over alleged plan by Boko Haram to attack banks

- Residents of some towns in Ondo state are in panic mode over alleged planned Boko Haram attacks

- The dreaded sect was said to have written to the residents about the possible attacks on some banks in the state

- Femi Joseph, the state police public relations officer, however, said the police did not receive such information

A report by Daily Sun newspaper indicates that there is palpable tension among the residents of Akure, Owo and other major towns in Ondo over alleged plan by members of Boko Haram sect to attack some banks in the state on Friday, November 1.

Legit.ng gathered that the alleged attack was revealed in a document purportedly addressed to the state commissioner of police, Undie Adie, by a security agency.

According to the newspaper, the document is already being circulated on various social media platforms, and the police have been urged by residents to be proactive about the threat.

Insecurity: Gani Adams condemns southwest governors' plan to recruit private security

It was gathered that the letter dated October 29, was entitled, "planned robbery attacks on some commercial banks in Ondo state by suspected Book Haram elements."

It read: “Intelligence availed the command revealed planned armed robbery attacks on some commercial banks in the state by suspected Boko Haram elements any moment from now.

“The group also plan to engage in kidnapping and car snatching along major routes in the state, including Owo/Benin axis, Isua/Ikare and Auge/Ayire in order to raise funds for its terrorist/insurgency campaign in the country."

The police public relations officer for the state police command, Femi Joseph, said the police did not receive any letter from any sister security agency on the said matter.

“The command is not aware of any letter to the effect of a planned attack by Boko Haram or any other group. The command, however, is working round the clock to provide adequate security for lives and property of the residents of the state," Joseph said.

Breaking: Nigerian Army arrests Boko Haram commanders, others

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that General Tukur Buratai, the Chief of Army Staff (CAS), on Thursday, October 31, revealed why the proposed Operation Positive Identification (OPI) would not hinder the day-to-day activities of Nigerians.

NAIJ.com (naija.ng) -> Legit.ng We have upgraded to serve you better.

Can Nigerian Soldiers really not deal with Boko Haram fighters?| - on Legit TV

Source: Legit Nigeria

Mailfire view pixel